Why has Symantec been selected to be Nokia smartphones protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Windfresh, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Hi
    I have read in the news that Nokia and Symantec had cut a deal and Nokia is going to have Symantec AntiVirus for mobile phones preinstalled on its smartphones.
    I wonder -why Symantec.As far as I know F-Secure has been a leader in developing security programmes for cellular phones and Kaspersky is in the same rank.Moreover F-Secure and Nokia are both Finnish companies and it would be logical for them to team.
    Antiviruses for desktops of Kaspersky and F-Secure have higher rates than those of Symantec.Probably,just the opposite for mobile devices antiviruses?Or is it mere corruption and conspiracy of great multinationals-the biggest handset maker -Nokia befriends with the biggest antivirus producer-Symantec.Big guys don't make friends with dwarfs.
    Anyway can't believe that Kaspersky or F-Secure for mobile phones are worse than Symantec.What compelled Nokia to make such decision?Your reflections,please.
    --

2. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

Corruption and conspiracyo_O Come on...give me a break. How about the fact that many people do not know who F-Secure and Kaspersky are. Get out of your little circle of computer nerds and you will find that many people only know about NAV, McAfee, Trend and maybe AVG. If you were in business and needed to show that your product is safe, would you want a well known AV that most people know. Or do you use KAV and have them go ....KAV whoo_O

3. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Mikel108 has prooved my inference-no matter how good you are from the technical point of view,but if you are a small business forget to dream of conquering the market-everything has been partitioned yet.As it is indicated on the F-Secure site Nokia is shielded by F-Secure business solutions and tehy are well-aware what sort of software it is.Scandinavia has taken a lead in mobile communications-that is why Opera is a leading star in mobile browsers and F-Secure in mobile security.But they are not the members of the "elite" club of big multinationals.What is it if not a collusion?Such contracts kill any sound competition in any sphere.One more evidence of Murphy's rules?
    -KAV who?
    -Shakespear who?....

4. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

and Apple go Intelo_O Just as IBM go Chinese.

5. nod32.9

nod32.9 Guest

Bottomline...can't go wrong with brand name recognition.

6. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

Maybe they've offered dirt cheap pricing? Or maybe even free :\

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Worldwide domination on a poor unknowing world user population :eek: :rolleyes:

Because it comes in a big recognized yellow box in the retail stores. In USA at least. Even if it is not purchased that way for the Nokia smartphones. :D

(Like what was said earlier brandname) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.