Why doesn't TI work with RAID?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jimi..., Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimi...

Jimi... Registered Member

Well as the title says, why doesn't Acronis TrueImage work with RAID?

I've tried restoring an image using the TI boot CD and BartPE but neither recognises my RAID 0 config. I've tried this on the Sil controller and the ULi controller. What gives?

2. Jimi...

Jimi... Registered Member

Hmm, what do you suggest I use? I need to backup my PC as it's such a PITA to keep having to reinstall Windows and everything.

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

It did at one time, thats why I bought it. I have Raid 0.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Off-topic post by an individual who has been trolling the forums removed.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jimi... and Carver,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that when Acronis True Image is running from under Windows or in BartPE environment it utilizes the same drivers Windows\PE environment does and therefore supports all levels or RAID arrays for both image creation and restoration.

Please also note that when Acronis True Image is operating in Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when using 'Full' version of Acronis Bootable Rescue Media or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, it utilizes it's own drivers and supports all levels of RAID arrays along with the wide variety of modern RAID controllers.

If you use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home or Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows then please make sure that you use the latest build (3677) available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

If you use Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation or Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows then please make sure that you use the latest build (371:cool: available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing the latest build.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem persists with the latest build of the respective Acronis True Image version and your RAID array still cannot be recognized when using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help either then please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please also let us know the exact vendor(s) and model(s) of RAID controller(s) you use.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As for the RAID array being not recognized when computer is booted from BartPE based CD, please make sure that you load the latest drivers for your RAID array upon BartPE CD boot-up. Let us know if that does not solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.