Why doesn't NOD32 catch this stuff?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by redfive, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfive

redfive Registered Member

This has been around for over a year and a half where there's rogue antivirus programs sitting active in the tray and NOD32 sits there pleased as punch.

You run SuperAntiSpyware and it goes off on these programs. :oops:

May I post a link to the same screenshot? ~no, if a Moderator has removed an attachment, please don't put it back with a link to the same image. Please review our Policy regarding scan results and follow the instructions posted below. - snapdragin

Edit:
    Posting screenshots / scan results from online scanners is not permitted at Wilders'. If you have a suspicious file that was not detected by EAV/ESS, encrypt it with WinRAR/ZIP, protect the archive with the password "infected" and send it to samples[at]eset.com. We will appreciate if you enclosed a log from ESET SysInspector as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  2. Jules31

Jules31 Registered Member

Well, I saw the header for this post and thought I would add my question.
    ESET NOD 32 is suppoesd to deal to spyware. So why can you do a Spybot scan after a clean result for a nod scan, and catch x46 spywareso_O
    The spyware in question was causing 50-100% processor usage.
    I also had occasion to have to remove WinAntivirus Pro (malware) from a computer. NOD caught some of it, but for a complete uninstall I needed to manually remove some items, and Spybot the rest. (the person had paid for and downloaded the whole suite!!!! Urghhh....)

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you have a suspicious file that was not detected by EAV/ESS, encrypt it with WinRAR/ZIP, protect the archive with the password "infected" and send it to samples[at]eset.com. We will appreciate if you enclosed a log from ESET SysInspector as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.