Why doesn't newegg ever have Mushkin RAM on sale?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by ratchet, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I mean never, ever. I started purchasing compatible components in January 2012 for the May 2012 build. I saw really good Mushkin reviews from customers and newegg had a 20% off all RAM sale and I did get 2x4 enhanced for their typical sale price of other RAM. I just looked over there and it seems to have really gone up in price. Why is Mushkin so expensive and why do you think they never "work" with newegg? Not doing anymore building, just curious! Thank you!

2. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Ummm, sure they do! 100s of different Mushkin RAM models! I've bought (and like) Mushkin RAM (and Mushkin PSUs) from Newegg for several builds.

Did you really mean Newegg?

Mushkin RAM sold by Newegg

Did you mean they never offer special discounts prices? No, that's not true either. Do you subscribe to Neweggs various emails - like their Shell Shockers deals?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  3. Bill_Bright

I note these 3 models are on sale right now.

4. ratchet

I did mean discounted and paltry compared to others almost daily. I do subscribe!

5. Bill_Bright

Well, it may mean they are discounted from the start. I think their prices are pretty competitive and while Newegg is my primary source, they are not my only source. The price of RAM has always been very volatile - depending on all sorts of factors, man-made, and forced on us by Mother Nature. Much depends on the timing of when Newegg fills its warehouses - and not just which day they buy, but which minute.

Fortunately, nearly all RAM is extremely reliable and consequently it is very difficult to find RAM without a lifetime warranty. If Mushkin is not on sell, buy a different brand.

Remember, the amount of RAM plays a much more significant role in computer performance than the type or speed of the RAM. I would much rather have 8Gb of low-end, off-brand RAM than 4Gb of high-end brand-named RAM.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  6. ratchet

As I said, I was just curious and am not building or expanding.Receive the multiple sales daily and have never seen mushkin. That is all.

7. Bill_Bright

Well, since I like Mushkin RAM too, and will be building a new PC for myself soon, you piqued my interest and I will be paying closer attention to their sales emails.

But again - I am not "brand-loyal" when it comes to RAM, other than I stick to well known brands.

8. ratchet

I lucked out with a 20% off RAM sale. It wasn't manufacturer specific. Have to admit I liked the looks of the Mushkin. Stupid reason but again customers had good things to say about it.

9. Bill_Bright

Well, RAM makers would not put so much effort into aesthetics if many buyers didn't buy for looks. But you are right, looks is not a good reason to this RAM over that RAM, unless everything else is equal.

I am glad you got a good deal and a 20% discount is good!

10. ratchet

Bill, received a newegg promo code for 10% off "all" desktop memory. If you need it I could post it (not sure you are aloud to) or pm you.

11. Bill_Bright

I'm good, but thanks anyway. :)

12. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Very true. I am a Mushkin fan because of their quality but I spent the extra for the Redline Ridgebacks because they look amazing though my case window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.