Why doesn't KAV scan other email programs?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Slovak, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Why doesn't KAV scan any other than outlook/outlook express emails?
    This is a huge factor on whether or not I purchase this or NOD32.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

As far as I know, you'll have to buy the KAV Pro version in order to get what you are aiming for.

regards.

paul

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

http://www.kaspersky.com/personal.html

Two-tier email protection
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal scans all incoming and outgoing email in real-time in all email applications. The program checks all attachments, including zipped and archived files, embedded OLE objects, as well as the message body itself. In addition, the program can scan email bases for viruses: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, The Bat!, Netscape Messenger, Opera and IncrediMail.

Gerard

url fixed==bigc

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2004
  4. Paul Wilders

Gerard,

Quite so. It's a limited list in the end though ;)

regards,

paul

5. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

kav5 ,which is due later this month, scans all incoming and outgoing emails regardless of email client (depending on how u configure it) and functions very much like most pop scanners (like drwebs spidermail)

ps upgrading from 4.5 to 5 is free

6. Paul Wilders

I know the KAV5 is announced to be released soon ;) Before going Gold, there are some issues to resolved yet - as you are well aware of. Seems like a sound advice to wait - test - and see ;)

regards.

paul

7. tahoma

tahoma Registered Member

the kav5 rc1 has been running smoothly for a few weeks here now. theres not much left to fix i don think. runs perfectly on my comp

the only proplem, ive found is that the on demand scanner hangs when scanning a huuuuuge .jsp file, but this problem has been reported and presumably fixed real soon. thats the only bug ive found. unless u count the resource usage. the kav exes themselves are quite small, but other things, like explorer.exe grows by some 10 megs. presumably this is cos of kav injecting dlls. not sure if thats a bug, or done on purpose.

anyway, kav5rc1 is real good, and trouble free apart from the points mentioned above.

also a brand new irc worm was troubling a lot of ppl on undernet 2 nites ago. the url with the malicious code was sent to kav (by me) and 1.5 hours later the cure was added the the bases. irc.worm.nati it was called.

8. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

9. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi,
    NAV 2004 and NOD doesn't need to be configured in order to scan e-mails, those configured automatically regarding your mail clients.
    KAV 4.5 system sucks (sorry KAV users, nothing personal :cool: ), because it use a lot of resources if you've enabled in KAV Monitor: mail bases, compressed files, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.