Why does TI8 keep rebooting when trying to backup?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alnmurray, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alnmurray

Alnmurray Registered Member

I have TI8, build 796, PC: Win XP SP2, Compaq Presario SR1215CL, Product# PJ506AA, with 3 hard drives. :D

2 - 250 GB Maxtor DiamondMax drives with one using an additional Ultra ATA/133 Card, the other 250 GB Maxtor DiamondMax drive that's attached to the mother board along with the original system installed 110 GB Samsung drive, and 1 CD-DVD drive. :cool:

When I initally installed TI8, I was able to make a backup to DVD & I also was able to create a secure zone. After making a few back-up to the hard drive & DVD. I started having problems. The PC would not boot up (it would just hang at the splash screen). I'd removed the additonal drives so I would have the basis system back. I rebooted, and it would just sit at the second Win XP screen that is displayed. I've used the bootable rescue disk to restore the first image from DVD. I can now get the PC to boot up normally however, I can no longer get TI8 to work to create a image. :mad:

If I try to use TI8 to make an image it will cause the PC to reboot when I get to the screen that displays, if I want to make a full backup or and incremental. That screen just displays for a sec or two before rebooting. :mad:

Funny thing, I can use the backup rescue CD to make a backups. However, it will only let me backup to a cd. I do have the first part of Nero Demo, ver 6.6.0.5, installed which works. That is how I made my first back-up to DVD. :blink:

If I try to uninstall from the Control Panel - Add-remove or from the Start - programs menu, when I click on TI8 or change/remove the PC reboots. If I rerun TI8 to un-install it will un-install the program. I've even tried to Repair/Upgrade in the setup & that still does not work. I've un-installed/ re-install, ran a registry Vacuum. I even done a Full System recovery using Compaq recovery disk & that did not work either.
    After trying all of the above nothing works. :'(

Any suggestions on getting TI8 to work from my HD? o_O
    Is there a seperate program for Nero's INCD4 ? o_O

2. Alnmurray

Alnmurray Registered Member

[MOVE]Ok, I had to figure this one out by myself, to bad it took 2 days.[/MOVE]
    I un-installed TI8, I then removed the SATA card, put 1 - 250gb drive on the 2nd port.
    Rebooted, all drives works find. :)
    I then installed TI8, :eek: but I did not install it in the default directory. o_O
    Rebooted and TI8 works as it should without rebooting. :D

What caused the original problem?
    1. Is it possible the Maxtor SATA card does not work well with TI8 ? :doubt:
    I'll be putting the SATA card back in when I have a few hours to kill.
    2. Is there something corrupt in the default install directory or registry that is not removed when I do an un-install?

Why can I not store a image directly to the DVD drive, TI8 always request a CD? o_O

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.