Why does NOD32 need Outlook?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Finn McCool, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finn McCool

Finn McCool Registered Member

I'm trying to set up unattended scans by NOD32. A major problem is that everytime I run NOD32, it brings up this message and waits for a response. After I click OK, NOD32 runs, and I can scan. My NOD32 settings are default except for adding archives to diagnostics. Running on WinXP Pro with 192 Meg RAM. I haven't had Outlook on the machine for years--long before I changed the OS to XP. My mail program is Becky!.

2. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

It's a Microsoft bug. Sorry, I am in Slovakia at the moment and I cannot access my own computer to find the fix ... but I posted the registry fix somewhere on Wilders a few weeks ago.

3. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

4. Finn McCool

Thanks for the advice, but none of it helps. :'( The FAQ assumes Outlook is installed; it isn't. The thread was more promising, but my registry did not have the key PreFirstRun. o_O

5. Finn McCool

Since this system isn't critical to my work, I decided to try the version 2 beta. I deselected MAPI and so far so good. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.