Why does my PC always reboot after verify?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimnye, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimnye

jimnye Registered Member

I have TI9 on a 3 p.c. network all doing incrementals to an external USB drive on one of the two with XP2 all works fine...but.... My question is this: why does the p.c. with WindowsME always reboot after backing up? Nothing else that runs on the computer causes this to happen. And I use TI9 straight out of the box...no scripts or batch files...The only option I chose was verify.

Jim

2. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

TI does not support WindowsME officially, so it isn't going to necessarily work properly

3. TryBackup

TryBackup Registered Member

I am very new to TI, but often responders will say that it is sometimes important to have the most recent release of TI. The current build of TI 9.0 is build #3677. You can download this current build if needed from the TI website. If you do download and install the current build, make sure to remove the old version through Windows XP's Add/Remove Programs and then install the current build. Then make sure you burn a new TI Rescue bootable disk (I prefer to burn this to CD as opposed to DVD).

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

5. RockyCore

RockyCore Registered Member

6. jimnye

jimnye Registered Member

Thanks for your interest guys but the question hasn't been answered..yet? As for build Yes I am using the latest version #3677.
    So....does anybody knowo_O?

Jim

7. TryBackup

TryBackup Registered Member

Jim,

If the reboot does not hurt anything and you have not been able to find the answer by searching this forum, maybe you could live with the rebooting. Before deciding to just live with the rebooting, I would make sure that images are being created properly and that you can at least mount the image through TI's mounting feature (I am not sure if you can mount images with incrementals so you will need to check on this). If you can not mount an image with incrementals, you could try just mounting the base image. Or if you have an extra drive or partition, you could do a test restore of the image with the incrementals. But if all works except for the rebooting, I would probably just live with it.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jim,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging, try to create a backup once more and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drive and updating the drivers then please do the following:

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System Properties in Control Panel;

- Go to Advanced tab;

- Press Startup and Recover Settings button;

- Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;

- Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons;

- Reproduce the system crash (i.e. sudden reboot) and collect the mini-dumps created.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.