Why Do They Uncheck Themselves

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Barr_y, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

Hi
    Could You please tell me why sometimes when I open Spywareblaster, a number of items that were previously checked become unchecked. I have just found 94 items unchecked and had to enable all protection again.

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Barr_y,

The two main reasons clsid's uncheck themselves are false positives in spyware scanners and IE-SpyAd. Any time you run IE-Spy-Ad you will need to run SB and enable the protections that it disabled...

If you do a forum search, there are numerous threads that discuss this issue...

HTH ;) ...

3. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

Thank for reply Puff-M-D but am not sure what you mean about IE-SpyAd as far as I know I don't have this on my computer unless it is part of Internet Explorer. I do run Spybot at times also AdAware, but haven't had this as a problem before.

4. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

Just looked at IE-SpyAd and I can honestly say I have never heard of it before, so I don't know how it could be affecting my SpywareBlaster, by knocking out some of the protection.

5. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

I just checked my SpywareBlaster,.....it had waay over 1000 items protection disabled.:eek:

Then I remembered that I uninstalled IE-Spyad last night....my heart...!

But, as Barr_y said...he/she doesn't have IE-Spyad.

o_O

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Just out of curiosity, is the "front" screen of SB counting these as having protection disabled in its summary-display?

A tiny number of us, including myself, have run into an oddball situation where some individual items (just a dozen or so cookies, in my case) become unchecked and flagged in red on the IE page, but the front page shows zero items with protection disabled. In my own case, unchecking and then re-checking the cookie-protection option (or just clicking the Enable-all-protection link) restores protected status for the individual items for the rest of my IE session no matter where I visit.

There's a thread or two here somewhere (sorry I can't steer you there with links) where this was brought up, and as far as I know this was never solved other than with guesses it's a display quirk in SB rather than an actual security problem.

7. ~*Nat*~

Mike... protection disabled was in section: Restricted Sites Is Enabled.

8. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

Hi
    Thanks for all these postings, but can anybody explain what IE-Spyad is? Also I am male. The protection that undoes itself is always in the Internet explorer section, they all appear red and unticked. All I do is enable all items again and they are protected again. I don't like the thought of having to look everytime I use the internet though, surely there has to be something wrong somewhere, because as I said I do not have this IE-SpyAd.

It would be hard for me to explain this on my web site as I promote Spywareblaster as an excellent program that newcomers into computing should have on their computers, when I am having trouble myself.

9. ~*Nat*~

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  10. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

Thats OK nat68 I thought my Avatar might give me away, I am also an oldie, even though it says I am a junior member. I read through that, and am convinced I certainly do not want it on my computer. I manage to do all that anyway. I wrote in general that I only allow session cookies and where I need them, such as my Bank and sites like this. With everything kept up to date good antivirus like Avast and my web sites information I hope I keep other peoples computers fairly safe as well.

11. ~*Nat*~

Oh..yes of course. Barry_y...some Avatars are pretty obvious, but for some strange reasons, I believe sometimes I suffer from ADD or something like that...:doubt:

12. ~*Nat*~

Goldie Oldie...;) I bookmarked your website. :)

13. Barr_y

Barr_y Registered Member

Thanks Nat68 had a laugh about that, also thanks for bookmarking my site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.