Why do downloads stall at 99%?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Numerous times downloads will sale to 99% then stall for several minutes. This before Ff invokes anti-virus scan or Sandboxie prompts for recovery. It's not all downloads, just some. Is this Firefox or the download site or my ISP or Sandboxie?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Firefox works with your antivirus program to scan downloads.

You can disable this behavior in Firefox and see if it helps.

Type about:config in the url location bar, enter "browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone" without the quotes and double click the entry to change it from true to false.

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

When I read this, I thought that you might be running NOD32. And looking at your signature, I'm right. When NOD32 version 3 or 4 scans larger downloads, it can take quite a while. Depending on the type of file and the speed of the PC, it can seem like forever sometimes (of course it's not. ;) ) Version 2 suffered a little from this but it wasn't nearly as noticeable as the newer versions.

4. ratchet

I see, the Ff scan box must just show the last few seconds of the scan. Thank you HAN!

5. ratchet

So I've turned it off for a while. Thanks ronjor!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.