Why did it forget?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gberns, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Been using NOD32 for almost two years. Tonight, for the first time, I suddenly got a "wrong user name and password" error message. When I went to update under control center, I found that control center had "forgotten" my user name and password (they were blank) and I had to re-enter them. What could cause this to happen?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Not sure, other than a registry cleaner?

Cheers :D

3. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Didn't run one.

Have run them many, many times in the past without incident.

Thanks for the try.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Noticed in some of your prior posts that you use backup programs. Were you doing any backups prior to this occurence ?

Also....when was the last successful occurence of a scheduled update according to the logs ?

Are you still running Vista and is this the OS where the issue exists ?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  5. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Bubba:

Your questions supplied the answer. On the 19th I reinstalled NOD32 when the Vista upgrade advisor told me that NOD32 was incompatible with Vista. I am not running Vista but plan to get it when it becomes available. I had un-installed the program first and it was therefore necessary to re-input the user name and password. THEY DIDN'T TAKE. It seems that I have not been at the computer on the prior occasions when the error message was sent. I therefore have had no updates since the installation of the 19th. (I just checked. The information "stuck" this time.)

I still would like to know, though, why the Vista Upgrade Advisor says that NOD32 is not compatible when Eset and its users state it is.

Thanks.

Gary

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Possibly you entered it wrong initially and since you weren't there to see the error message you were not aware until now :doubt:
    While I can not answer why your results were different Gary....I just now downloaded Vista Upgrade Advisor 1.0 and Nod32 is not listed in any of the tabs of having compatibility issues :doubt:

Attached Files:

7. gberns

gberns Registered Member

I just ran it again using same version and here are my results. You will note that NOD32 still is a no-go.

I hope you can see the image as on my screen all I see is something about attached thumbnails. I attached a jpg file as per the instructions.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It's a no go on your machine according to Vista Upgrade Advisor....so would you mind posting your Nod32 System information Please. Also in a previous post you commented that you did "a reinstall of .23 over the top". Is that still the case ?

9. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Here you go:

NOD32 antivirus system information
    Virus signature database version: 2000 (20070123)
    Dated: Tuesday, January 23, 2007
    Virus signature database build: 8847

Information on other scanner support parts
    Advanced heuristics module version: 1.046 (20070119)
    Advanced heuristics module build: 1134
    Internet filter version: 1.002 (2004070:cool:
    Internet filter build: 1013
    Archive support module version: 1.052 (20070115)
    Archive support module build version: 1179

Information about installed components
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/x64 - Base
    Version: 2.70.23
    NOD32 For Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/x64 - Internet support
    NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/x64 - Standard component

Operating system information
    Platform: Microsoft Windows XP
    Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
    Version of common control components: 5.82.2900
    RAM: 1535 MB
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.20GHz (2194 MHz)

10. gberns

gberns Registered Member

It is not still an "over the top." I un-installed and then re-installed. The only thing I did not do was delete the Eset folder in the middle of the process.

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please PM me your username so that I can check it and make sure it's actually valid.

12. gberns

gberns Registered Member

I'm disappointed

Since the last post, I emailed Marcos as requested and then downloaded and went through the whole un-re-install process again to no avail and so advised Marcos. That email and my last post here have been met with silence.

It would appear my issue has been abandoned.

I will not abandon my plan to upgrade to Vista just to keep NOD32. If it won't work on my machine under Vista It will be gone. I can't be alone with this problem or setup and I am sure others will go with me.

Do I sound bitter? I am.

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Re: I'm disappointed

Hey ,gberns , don't get nervous , mate . I am sure you'll soon get a reply :)

No doubt NOD32 2.7 works on Vista . Although the upgrade advisor may not tell you that , it definitely works on it .

If you plan to upgrade to Vista (with no hard drive format) , just uninstall NOD32 , install Vista and then install it again , install NOD32 version 2.7 , it works :thumb:

14. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: I'm disappointed

Tomorrow I'll export your username and password to a reg file which you will then import in order to make sure the user/pass are listed correctly in the registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.