Why can't I start up in SAFE MODE?

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by jl2695, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jl2695

jl2695 Registered Member

I'm trying to utilize some of the great info on this forum to eliminate the TV Media plague on my computer here at work but when I try to start up in SAFE mode it shows a screen that says SAFE MODE in all four corners and "loading Windows" in the middle of the screen and then it restarts automatically and goes back to the regular start up. Why can't I start up in safe mode? This is my work computer running windows 2000 professional NT

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi jl2695, and welcome.

Please follow ALL the instructions, and each step in this link, carefully:
    HOW TO? Read here about how to post your log!!

Once you have downloaded HijackThis, create a permanent folder for it on your C: (call the folder whatever you'd like) then unzip Hijackthis.exe into the new folder (do not put it in a Temp folder or desktop).

Then open Hijackthis and run it by clicking on the Scan button. When the scan has finished, the "Scan" button will then change to a Save Log button. Press the "Save Log" button and save it to a location you can easily find it. Open the saved log and copy and paste the entire contents of the log here in your next post.

Please do NOT fix anything in Hijackthis by yourself. Most of what it lists will be harmless and even essential. Someone will review your log and reply back with instructions on what needs to be fixed.

Regards,

snap

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

It's very likely that it's been set to prevent safe mode by the administrator to stop fiddling with settings that are only available in safe mode

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.