Why Can't I Delete?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SLE355, Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLE355

SLE355 Registered Member

Hi guys, just wondering, when i run an "in-depth" scan i keep getting this virus comming up:

File C:\Documents and Settings\Harold\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar\arr3.jar-501a5588-22371645.zip is infected with multiple infiltrations.

Now the only options i get are to "Leave" or i can copy to quarantine. How to i get rid of these files?

When i run a "on demand" scan of C: Drive it doesn't find anything.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello .
    NOD32 comes with some profiles by default. They have different settings on what to scan , what to scan for and how to deal with it .By default all of them are set to ask the user what to do . When you receive a message with question ... is infected ... what to do ? Leave is the onliest because you come with an archive , ZIP file . NOD will need to extract the files , clean/delete the infiltrations and pack the files again which is impossible for AV software . When the malware is executed from the ZIP archive , the resident protector AMON will eliminate it .

However , you can easily change your by default settings . Read Blackspear's tutorial here on NOD and configure your NOD32 for automated work and maximum protection . Use only the scan from Control Center->NOD32->Run NOD32 (Control Center profile) and perform full Scan&Clean which will eliminate the malware found . :thumb:

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

NOD32 will detect viruses inside archive files (.zip, .jar, ...), but it will not delete the files because it does not know what else could be inside that .zip file. Rather than delete or corrupt the rest of the .zip file, NOD32 will leave it alone, and inform the user of the virus so he can deal with it himself. This is a design decision on Eset's part.

Note that if you actually try to open the virus inside the .zip file, AMON will step in and stop the virus from running. In this way, you are still protected from the virus.

If you find and delete that file manually (or delete the entire Java cache as ronjor suggests), the problem will go away.

5. mecute

mecute Registered Member

That's exactly what Im telling NOD32 people. If there is an infection inside an archive file, knowing that it can be cleaned, why are they hesitant to clean it? This procedure will not add too much space on their part nor will incur too much processing.

Know what, Trend Micro does this... I salute them for being agressive in regards to Virus Cleaning.

6. SLE355

SLE355 Registered Member

Thanks for all the info guys, i tried the easy way first as ronjor said and its now gone!

Thanks again :)

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Thank or letting us know ! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.