Why can't I delete the virus?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by zooropa, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooropa

zooropa Registered Member

Hey all. Whenever I run an in-depth scan, it finds viruses like win32/adware.onestep but doesn't give me an option to delete. The only option available is "Leave." The scan is finding viruses but does not allow me to delete them. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. zooropa

Thanks, but I would prefer not to do a system restore if I can manually eliminate the virus.

From that link, it seems the virus falls under this category:

# The virus was detected in an .exe or .dll file archived with UPX.

UPX is a runtime file compression (or packer) program designed to 'shrink' executable files but allow them to still work by expanding them in memory and then running the program code from there. ESET security products are able to check inside many different variations of UPX-packed files for viruses and other threats but it may not be able to remove viruses from these files.

If you come across a UPX-packed file from which your ESET security product cannot remove a virus, please send a copy of the file by email to samples@eset.com. Enable Javascript to view the file and then delete the file from the disk manually through the Windows Explorer.

...which leaves me confused. How do I view the file through javascript?? Thanks.

4. zooropa

Also, when I run "scan and clean" in safe mode, it says there are no threats, yet when I run an in-depth scan not in safe, it comes up with Java cache viruses and Win32/Adware.onestep viruses. I deleted my temporary internet files and cookies, ran a disk cleanup through the start menu, and used a reimage repair service that helped, but apparently not enough. This is very frustrating, please help! Thanks.

5. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

6. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.