Why are not Blackspear's settings default?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by JerryM, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

This may have been addressed before, but I am curious.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

Just to make you work a bit(lol)
    I think every AV product,not just NOD,should have default install set to strongest protection:-then if you choose to lower protection you have to alter settings to what suits you:-this way inexperienced users are protected to the best of the ability of the AV they have chosen,I bet there's quite a few(lots) of users of NOD that have installed with default settings and have no idea how to change them,and don't even know about Blackspears settings

3. madaro

madaro Guest

I'm a Nod user and have read through Blackspears settings tutorial, a very comprehensive and complete setup I must say, but personally, I prefer the default settings tweaked to my personal needs. I did not find setting up Nod to be difficult or problematic at all, and found the default settings more then adequate protection right out of the box. I ran Nod this way for a long time until I learned my way around the program and understood everything. I think Eset did a good job with the default settings. I prefer to interact with the program instead of having everything done quitely in the background, I like to be alerted by my security software when there's a problem, but I can see where Blackspears settings would be advantageous for some. I really like Nod32, it exceeds my expectations for an anti-threat software.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Because they may not fit all users all over the world , especially corporate users , Just may ;)

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah i find the default settings with a few tweaks suits me best. I believe BS's settings set certain things to automatic which i don't like, i prefer to address issues manually.

6. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

I think, there should be ab option for Blackspears settings,

I installed NOD32 on my friends computer and I did Blackspears setting manually. If it coudld be auto than lot of time saving also.

It can be

Normal
    advance (Blackspears setting)
    Advance Custom (Manual Configure)

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Using a batch file to run the setup file with specific pre-configured configuration makes NOD32 install with any settings you like (possibly Blackspear settings) . Read the sticky post "Install NOD32 with Blackspears settings in No time"

8. pain4gain

pain4gain Registered Member

If you have "Advanced heuristics" enabled and under the 'Actions' tab you have "Clean" and "Delete" checked, though not too common, you run a very small risk of removing a required file. I've seen it happen to the remote desktop application called LogMeIn. Not sure if that's still the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.