Why am I asked for username and password when my trial version is not yet expired?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ngjackie, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngjackie

ngjackie Registered Member

My trial version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus used to be running OK. A few days ago, to my surprise, it prompted a dialogue asking for the username and password in order to continue the update. I'm sure that I did not change any settings of my NOD32 recently. I wonder why my NOD32 went wrong. Any ideas?

2. dorgane

dorgane Guest

because trial is 30 days, when 30 is finish you purchase or uninstall software

sorry for my bad english

3. artsky

artsky Registered Member

hello, the title clearly says its not yet expired.

To NOD32 team FYI I have also experienced this. My 1-day old trial version is asking me for a password.

4. ngjackie

ngjackie Registered Member

Artsky was right. The title states clearly that I'm now using a trial version of NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.621.0 which is not yet expired. My last successful update was at 3846(20090211). Usually, my NOD32 ran regular updates itself by default, so I was seldom worried if I should update it manually. However, to my surprise, it went wrong the next day. It turned out to ask for Username and Password every time it updates. I'm now unable to get my NOD32 updated. What is wrong? Any ideas?

5. IsaacTCI

IsaacTCI Registered Member

I am having the same problem too. When you find out pls let me know. I have contacted Eset Customer Care on 02-13-2009 on this issue. All I got in response from them was a e-mail with a Case # and them stating that my case will be reivewed shortly.

BTW 02-13-2009 was the day that I downloaded and started the trail version from their website.

6. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

This happened to my friend as well.

He bought it and it's working fine now.

7. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

8. Tenebre

Tenebre Registered Member

I have the same problem as ngjackie, but I have the latest version available for download. According to "About" I still have over a week left of the trial (enough to last to the nice side of pay day).

9. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Uninstalling and reinstalling the trial version should resolve the problem.

10. Tenebre

Tenebre Registered Member

It did. Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.