why all the games on my PC freeze/crash?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tru_Snoop, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tru_Snoop

Tru_Snoop Registered Member

Hi guys

My PC Specs:
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (no Sp1 or Sp2 installed)
    Case: NETLINK 18IN 350W ATX 3688 CASE /W FRONT USB PORT P4 READY
    Motherboard: SOLTEK KT400-A4 ATX SOCKET A DDR400 AGP4X 5PCI ATA133 USB2.0 W/SOUND
    CPU: AMD ATHLON XP 2100+ 256K 266FSB SOCKET A RETAIL BOX
    CPU Heatsink: VANTEC AEROFLOW SOCKETA cpu cooler TMD 5600RPM 35.5CFM
    Memory: 512MB PC2700 DDR333 SAMSUNG RAM
    Video Card: ABITR9550-128CDT RADEON 9550 128MB DDR AGP8X
    Hard Drives: 2 X ( WD CAVIAR 80GB INT ATA/100 HD 3.5LP 9MS 8MB 7200RPM OEM)
    Anti-virus: Kaspersky Antivirus Personal 5.0.121
    Firewall: Zone Alarm Pro 5.5.062.011
    cASE FANS = 4 FANS (2 INFLOW, 2 OUTFLOW)
    Internet Connection: CABLE HIGH SPEED
    DISPLAY DRIVERS FOR VIDEO CARD: I have the latest Catalyst driver v5.3 installed on my PC. Everything up-to-date.

I have NHL 2005 and Battlefield 1942 (with Desert Combat Mod) installed on my PC. Both games freeze/crash in the middle(after 10-15mins). Before playing the NHL 2005 today I checked the temp of my CPU by "SpeedFan", it was 50 degree celcius, but game still crashed. So I had to turn the computer off manually. When I started the PC again, I checked the Temperature of CPU, it was 56 degrees C. I was only able to playe for 7 mins. Samething happens with Battlefiedl 1942, which I play online. I even tried OMEGA Drivers, but games still freeze, eventhough I am able to play for at least 30 mins with Omega drivers installed.

Why do you guys think these games freeze on my computer? I even changed the CPU's heatsink, because my cpu temp used to be more than 60 degrees C (games used to freeze then too). What is wrong with my computer?

Help guys...........Thanks so much.

2. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Wow, I bet you haven't updated your Operating System in years :eek::rolleyes:... PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS XP WITH ALL CRITICAL UPDATES INCLUDING SP1 AND SP2.

Bottom line: One glance at your problem and I know the problem does not lie with the hardware, its your Operating System. You don't have the latest updates for your Operating System, that's why your games are crashing.

Go to Start-----> All Programs------> Windows Update

You may also have some malware or spyware on your computer that is causing the problem.
    Read here-----> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662

Your CPU's temperature should be normal...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.