Why Acronis TI?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tepe2, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I`m a newbie. Never tried any Acronis products, but i need a good backup-software that works. My intention is to burn images to DVD. A couple of weeks ago I thought TI9 would be the right deal, but I`m not so sure after reading about all the problems. Has anyone succeeded burning images to DVD, and restoring without any problems? Please let me know. Please tell me why I should use TI. Do I have any choice? I have heard about Norton Ghost, but don`t know if it is any better (I don`t thrust Norton products). The free DriveImage XML http://www.runtime.org/dixml.htm looks like a good alternative, but I do not know too much about it. Any experience with this or other? Anyway I start with downloading the TI9 Userguide to see if I get any smarter. Thanks.

2. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

I tried TI for a while... having little lan with 5 computers I took an image of all of them. After one month I wanted to reinstall the images back to the original computers. 2 images were corrupt... excellent. So if you are serious about disaster recovery... think twice. Now I am testing Dantz Retrospect.
    Ciao
    Itsme

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Since this is a comparison thread as opposed to an Acronis supoprt issue, I have moved it to the "software & services" forum.

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

tepe2~ While I am a satisfied user of TrueImage on my home desktop PC (where I backup to a removable hard drive), I do not use TI to backup my notebook (where I prefer backing up to DVDs). TI is not yet designed for seamless DVD operation and that is a well known fact. There are several other products better suited for that purpose, such as NTI's Backup NOW! Dlx Suite (which I happen to use). A less expensive product with a good following is Terabyte's Image For Windows, but it isn't as good as Backup NOW! for backing up selected folders/files. ~pv

PS. Sorry, but I have no experience with, or knowledge of DriveImage XML, so I can't compare it to the other products discussed above.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.