Who killed teh NOD32?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by berryracer, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Well you heard it right here folks.:)

2. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Good old times, NOD32 v2 and Outpost.
    I was very active in the search of security products at the time. And i think there were 2 reasons, and a perfect storm.

1. Eset was a victim of its own success. NOD32 v2 were simply too good. And 3.0 roll out wasn't exactly smooth. It was the right direction though, to focus on an Internet Security Suite rather then relying on simply AV.

2. I think the biggest reason. Norton 2009. Released in late 2008 if i remember correctly and beta testing since early 2008. It was light, fast, efficient, and high and accurate detection. It was simply too good to be true coming from a vendor who is known for its bloated AV. And the Internet Security is still one of the simplest built in firewall to use upto this day. It also took a few months of beta testing for "our brain" to truly believe this is true.

That is where the perfect storm happened. Just when NOD32 had its hikup, Norton managed to put out a near perfect security product.

Then the rest is history. Since then i have been recommending Norton to every user. It was simple to use, lightweight and secure. And even if Eset made NOD as good as Norton, people would still buy a trusted brand for their security product.

3. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Totally agree with u bro

each new version of NOD32/ESS, rather than getting better, became worse, more bloated, and less efficient

just my 2 cents worth $$

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.