Who have used rising antivirus?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zp3222237, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Doesn't basically every good AV update automatically in real-time now? So where's the "breakthrough" in this technology? o_O

2. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Consider this a small insight as to how Rising's marketing department gets around to doing its business. :ninja:

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: It may have a fine line drawn between frequent updating and real-time updating. But how clear is it ? time will tell. Take care.

4. xandros

xandros Registered Member

do you know any site make a test for this antivirus o_ORising o_O

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

6. xandros

xandros Registered Member

7. ink

ink Registered Member

Hi, it is 'Push' not pull, real time is not a presice translation. Consider the customer quantity, it really a test of how good the server and network.

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Speaking of real time updating, I know Prevx2 has its own style of doing so, it keeps central database, clients' units will receive up to second (?) checkup and verdict. I do not know how well does Rising AV deliver its update signatures in real time fashion, better than auto industry's on time delivery system ? Take care.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Sounds like Avast's PUSH updating on the Pro version.

PUSH updates (Professional Edition only)
    A special feature of the Professional Edition is PUSH updates. It is a dramatic change in the philosophy of updates. Usually, every installed program checks occasionally for new version availability. PUSH updates, however, are initialized by our server; they result in your computer quickly responding and performing the necessary update. The system is based on the SMTP protocol (as used for e-mail messages). The update itself is controlled by the avast! resident e-mail providers (MS Outlook and Internet Mail).

10. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Not really. Psuhed updates do not put update servers to test as they are not initiated at once but vendor has quiet some more control over server load balancing and let updates follow in sequences while not exceeding bandwidth capabilities (or server capabilities).

11. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Is this safe to use? I tried to download and install the online Rising scanner and during the install, Avira popped up 5 times and blocked what it said was a trojan...TR/PC.NSANTI.AJ.

Ironically, I wanted to scan the guest computer to see if Rising detected the trojan I have on that computer (not executed) that Avira doesn't detect.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  12. solcroft

Rising is a legitimate software company. Assuming you downloaded the software from the official Rising website, this is just another one of Avira's many FPs. Packer detection again, by the looks of it.

13. Firecat

I notified someone from Rising about it, lets see how quickly this FP is fixed.....:)

14. R8y

R8y Registered Member

Yup, must be packer detection since it's detecting some strings of 免疫007。

Firecat, why would you notify someone from Rising rather than Avira? Remember it's avira detecting Rising but not the other way around, and I bet you the latter won't modify their program to evade such 'false detection', hoho

15. solcroft

I didn't know Rising was supposed to be responsible for Avira's faulty detection. :blink:

16. Firecat

Actually I reported it to both; but the thing is that I did not have a sample of the responsible files, plus I don't use Avira. So I reported it to both companies so it can be resolved quickly.

As for why Rising first, it so happens that Joseph Wang from Rising is on my MSN messenger contact list; so......:D

17. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I would have sent it to Avira but I let Avira block it each time. I should have had Avira put it in quarantine instead. So, I don't have anything to submit to Avira, plus, I now have a half ass install of Rising on line scanner. I probably can't uninstall it with missing files. It's on a virtual machine so I can revert to an earlier snapshot if I can't uninstall it. I just checked the virtual machine again and I have all these Rising files installed but no .exe file so I can't use it. It's not in Add/Remove programs.

I posted about it in the Avira forum but in someone else's thread who was asking about online scanners and I doubt Avira will notice it. One Avira user did ask me if Rising encrypts their signatures...do they? If they don't that could the problem. But I think the problem is the packers.

I tried about 6 different online AV scanners (including Rising) and couldn't get any to work except ASquared Trojan scanner.

Edit: Yes, I did download it directly from the Rising site. And, yes, it is another of Avira's infamous FP's of which I am getting tired of experiencing. I would never use DrWeb because it has so many FP's and here I am using Avira with probably just as many.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  18. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks:

If I remember it correctly. Some long time ago, prevx2 has a file detected by an AV, I reported here. Then Prevx people responded and fixed the problem by unpacked(or packed) the file. Afterwards, that file never has been a problem. Perhaps, Rising can pursue the same route.

19. solcroft

Perhaps.

Prevx was very accommodating indeed. Rising might do the same and "fix" their files (even though there's nothing wrong with it in the first place!), but I think the real issue here is how Avira handles the problem, not Rising, especially when the FP in question is produced because of a crude, unsophisticated detection routine.

20. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Very true.
    This will be a litmus paper test, to see who, Rising or Avira, puts clients' interest first.

21. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I deleted the file for Rising online scanner and tried again. This time I told Avira to quarantine the files. I turned off Avira and took one of the files out of quarantine and put it in a folder and then went to Virus Total and Jotti and submitted it. At Virus Total 9 of the 32 scanners detected it as a nasty. At Jotti, 5 of 20 scanners detected it. Kaspersky, NOD32, Symantec, Dr.Web, McAfee, Bit Defender ...none of them detect it. AVG detects it and a few others. Maybe Rising should fix it especially with all the folks using AVG free and Avira free and both of them detecting it.

I also sent it to Avira.

22. Firecat

Its a packer detection from other AVs; for some reason a lot of AVs get jumpy upon NSAnti packed files..........:doubt:

23. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I heard from Stefan at Avira a bit ago and he says the file I sent is not packed. He said it must be a bad signature and he will see that it is fixed. :) Way to go Avira! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.