Who DOES NOT have a problem with corrupt images...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hoser_d, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

Well, I am very happy to report that I have just installed a Western Digital 320GB 'WDC Combo' USB/firewire drive - the one with the lights! - ran HD Tach, which showed me a flat curve with a 36.9 MB/sec avge rate, then I backed up my first WD160GB drive to a folder on the firewire connected drive.

The backup took about 15 minutes and was as good as silent.. after which I booted my RescueCD in Full mode, and ran Check archive with positive results :-D

Edit: As I set up the WDC Combo for use, I wonder whether one can Recover from a folder containing a number of Backups, or, must each Backup have its own folder?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  2. noonie

noonie Registered Member

You can leave them all in the same folder as they should have different file names. If you are using inc/diff backups, then this could get messy. I separate backups in separate descriptive folders for ease of maintenance.

3. Cintra

Cintra Registered Member

Thanks noonie, I'll give it a try then..

4. savagcl

savagcl Registered Member

I had no problems with TI8.0. Using an external, USB Hdd (Smartdisk Crossfire).
    I did have to restore at least once that i remember and it worked great. Never
    used the F11 key, always did a full image backup.

No problem using TI9.0 (2337) to create/verify an image with the same setup as
    above. But, trying to do a bootup of the cd-rw is a problem! i only get the
    first line of the sequence (Starting Acronis Loader (or something like that))
    and then it hangs/stops forever.

Acronis Support is working for a solution.

savagcl

5. savagcl

savagcl Registered Member

Forgot - I'm using a SATA Hdd and a P740 dvd\cd combo drive.
    My HDTACH:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.