Which was the most stable version of TI?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by O.Alexander, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O.Alexander

O.Alexander Guest

Hi!

I'm just curious,

which was the most stable version of TI?

I was one happy user of TI8,

but the version that came out afterwards got heavy with
    functions that I don't need.

Which is your choice?

P.S which version started to support Vista?

2. BChat

BChat Registered Member

You will get various answers from various people on this. It seems to depend on the experiences of the poster on their particular machine set up.

I have version 10 installed in Vista 64 bit and Windows 7 32 bit. I only do complete manual/unscheduled back ups and restores, never had a problem with either.

3. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

i have licenses for TI home 11 & TI ECHO 9.x (inc Universl restore)

i found home version to be absolute trash, and the echo workstation to be absolutley amazing

4. kevinkar

kevinkar Registered Member

I believe I have had 7, 8, and 11. In terms of MAKING archives based on whatever criteria I fed the software be it a manual archive or one based on a schedule or via the in-Windows environment or from a boot disc, it's always done the job.

In terms of RESTORING an archive, well I have had mostly success but have had validated archives not be restored because they were "invalid"! That was TI 7 or 8.

All I can say is the other poster was right - it depends on the experiences of the one posting. Your mileage definitely may vary.

So, in my opinion, all the versions have been "stable" but have also had issues. It all depends on whether the issues others have had are also your issues. If not, then you can infer that it's stable. Except for the archives that were invalid and would not restore, every version *I* have tried has worked as expected and I'd consider them stable. Others would argue that.

If you decide to use ANY imaging program, always ALWAYS test your archive for its ability to restore. Buy a second hard drive and test on that or bite the bullet and restore what you made on your main drive. Once is not enough. Test test test! Get comfortable with how it works. Don't ever assume what you have archived will always restore.

5. rugmankc

rugmankc Registered Member

I have TI 11 Home. Do only unscheduled full images. Have done five restores, all perfect.

Ken

6. Skytrooper

Skytrooper Registered Member

That will depend entirely on the person you ask and their particular PC's configuration.

My reaction to "functions that I don't need" is to simply avoid using them.

TI v10 was the first version Acronis designed to be Vista compatible. Some Wilders members have stated v9 worked on their Vista PCs; that wasn't true for some other v9 users.

7. Johnny812

Johnny812 Registered Member

Hey Ken, you don't do a Full back up and then incrementals? (just full for each backup?)

v11 is sweet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.