Which Vista ready firewall/HIPS with Nod32 3.0 ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acr1965, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have Vista basic on a new laptop and just installed Nod32 3.0. Which firewall would be my best option for a smooth web experience? So far my options seem to be either to just use the Vista built in firewall or give Comodo 3.0 a whirl. Maybe the Webroot Desktop firewall would work ok?

Are there any quality HIPS programs that work well with NOD 3 and Vista? I ask in case I end up using a firewall without a HIPS component installed- ie Vista's, ZA, etc.

Thanks

PS- not really interested in ESS.

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Anyone?

After reading some posts in this forum it appears it may be better to downgrade to 2.7 and then look for a firewall?

A couple questions-

1. Does Nod 2.7 run on Vista without issue?
    2. What firewall runs nicely along with 2.7 on Vista? I am still considering Comodo 3 while the Webroot Desktop Firewall is a possibility. Any others that should be considered?

I am not wanting to use the Vista firewall although if I end up with it I'll probably add a HIPS.

3. Paraglider

Paraglider Registered Member

2.7 runs great on Vista 32 for me. I use PC Tools free firewall without problem.

4. KingKull

KingKull Registered Member

Greetings,
    A satisfied Webroot Desktop Firewall user here. Runs nice & light on my Vista Home Premium box.
    As far as NOD32, V3 is working without a hitch for me, but some users are having various issues. WDF works fine with either version of NOD. If v3 doesn't pan out, you can always roll back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.