Which version to use?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by OutPostWannabeUser, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi... I just installed the latest version of Agnitum OutPost Pro, and went surfing on the support forum...

I came across this thread: http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14120

So, my question is: what to think, and which version of OutPost Pro is presently the safest to use, if not the latest?

Thanks

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

There are many opinions on which is best between 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7. I personally had the best luck with 2.6 so far, but others disagree and some prefer 2.5, some 2.7. Best thing is to try them yourself for a period of time and see which one you think is best with the least problems... I keep copies of the older version here in case I run into problems with the newer releases..

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

OutPostWannabeUser,

The question should be, what works best on your system? If you browse the forums you'll find people reporting problems with every past version, some far more serious than what that thread mentions (BSODs on HyperThreading systems being a ripe old chestnut between 2.0-2.5) and being raised by more than 5 posters.

2.7 adds some heavily-requested features (exceptions for Hidden/Open Process controls) which should make it a must-have if you run applications that keep triggering alerts because of these (e.g. Mozilla Thunderbird, Webroot SpySweeper, System Safety Monitor). For more details, check out the Outpost 2.7 - what to expect thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.