Which Tasks can I safely stop loading?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RocketMagnet, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RocketMagnet

RocketMagnet Registered Member

Using StartupCPL I generally prevent any task running in the background that I consider unessessary from loading. I've deleted Acronis Scheduler2 Service as obviously this isnt required if you don't schedule anything. Scheduling HDD backups.. :eek: .

Can i safely stop TrueimageMonitor.exe from loading and whats it task?

Cheers

RM

2. gue_st

gue_st Guest

Didn't you buy your computer to run TI?

Of course, normally those things wouldn't be necessary, but as they at Acronis think that TI is primary and your computer secondary, you will need to let scheduler run or start it before doing anything wit TI. That is because any task done by TI(even not scheduled task) is actually scheduled.

A while ago I was trying to solve this wit Acronis technical support, but they clearly have not enough brains to understand why one would want to stop these wonderful services - they don't do anything anyway - that's what I got in the answer (!!??).

Unfortunately this is not only a problem of Acronis, so you have to fight with at least 10 useless services.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

4. RocketMagnet

K thanks i'll stop em loading.

5. Menorcaman

o_O

How are you going to do that without crippling most of TI's basic functionality?

Regards

6. RocketMagnet

When the basic functionality of the software becomes apparent and it manages to actually back up images and restore them reliably then I suppose you could make this comment. However you cant cripple the software externally it does that "out of the box" so to speak automatically ... perhaps it schedules Auto_Cripple right after install :p .

I would never schedule any tasks like this as I like to control when i backup so removing the sceduler is irrelevent. In its current state whos gonna trust TI9 to do anything on its own? even with serious hand holding it can't get the basics right :rolleyes:

More to the point I don't need them loading when i've uninstalled the software as its currently useless - i'm gonna get Ghost 10 hopefully
    its in better condition than this effort.

7. Menorcaman

I'm afraid you have misunderstood the Acronis Support reply and my own comment. Both schedul2.exe and schedhlp.exe need to be kept running otherwise you wont be able to undertake any imaging or restoring under Windows, be it scheduled or carried out by you manually.

Anyway, good luck with Ghost 10. One man's food is another man's poison I guess.

Regards

8. gue_st

gue_st Guest

"WARNING: THIS SOFTWARE CONTAINS A SECURITY FEATURE THAT WILL CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO REBOOT WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION AFTER 24 HOURS OF CONTINUOUS USE"
    This is what you get after booting Symantec Recovery CD - Ghost9 or LiveState Recovery Desktop. Of course, I did not install them on my computer.

I have some serious doubt about good luck, if you decide to install anything from Symantec.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.