Which spyware program to use

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Nontechguy, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beetlejuice69

beetlejuice69 Registered Member

Spysweeper does a little bit more then that Rilla. ;)

2. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

That maybe true, I thought it was just for Spyware. I have a paid version of it, and I uninstalled it because of all the alerts. You could click on keep/remove for ever because it would never listen no matter what you clicked on.

It doesn't support large host files either. I emailed Webroot and "asked if they plan on supporting large host files in the up coming versions" and their reply was "Instructions for how to delete my host file".

3. beetlejuice69

I heard that they were going to fix the host file in the near future. I`ve been using it for 2 years and never had a problem...other then one build that they screwed up, but it`s done me a good turn so... :)

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

5. beetlejuice69

I had mine first so who`s the thief? :)

6. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Hey guys, where do you find some cool avatars?

7. Nontechguy

Nontechguy Registered Member

Hi ... From what I have gather it seem that the pay version programs are no better then the free ones , true or not true ? Thanks

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Not true. The free ones don't update as frequently and have fewer features and capabilities.

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you seen the Retrospective Tests at http://www.av-comparatives.org this will dispel that myth.

Cheers :D

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I think Nontechguy was refering to antispyware programs. Either way though the questions now covered.

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Ahhh yes, seen quite a few independant tests that have CounterSpy at the head of the pack, and when used in combination with Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-aware takes it to around a 96% capture rate.

Cheers :D

12. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    Not sure who had it first, just yours is the same size as the one I cropped and made. :p

Hey, it's all in good advertising anyways. :D

13. Nontechguy

Ok one last question , What stops a person to download one of them pay version for instance example only (Ewido full version ) It has a trial period to use this product for so many days , Perform a scan with it and clean your system of whatever it finds, afterwared uninstall program, wait another 2 or 3 weeks and just repeat the same process over again and again ?

14. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

the license mechanism within the software usually detects that it was previously installed.

15. doug6949

doug6949 Registered Member

Not sure about Ewido, but there are a lot of people doing just what you describe with trial versions. One might as well download a cracked version since it amounts to the same thing.

Of course the best thing to do is pay the minimal cost for the software and support the folks that write it. They work hard to build good software. And they wouldn't offer a free trial if they didn't have confidence in the product.

None of the above mentioned programs cost as much as a good steak dinner. Think of all the cows you will save.

16. Nontechguy

Ok then , Thanks , Just make sense , Now I think I will give it a try , Thanks everyone for your input >>>>> :)

17. beetlejuice69

Yes good advertisement, now we just need Rilla to join the force. :)

18. djuggernaut

djuggernaut Registered Member

Hey,

Personally I use Ewido (for trojans), Ad-Aware(for spyware), spywareblaster (preventative and does not have to be running all the time). These are all free which is a big plus. I tried MS antispyware and it worked well, but i didn't want it to run two processess whenever windows booted and could not figure out how to stop it.

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.