Which services to stop

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by andrewdavidwest, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewdavidwest

andrewdavidwest Registered Member

Hi,

I wish to use true image server to back up two servers. One has exchange 2003 and the other is running sql server 2003. I am aware that I need to shut down services (which I can see can be triggered by the software) but am not entirely sure which services I need to shut down. If someone could list them that would be great.

Thanks.

Andrew

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello andrewdavidwest,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Database servers, such as MS SQL Server and MS Exchange, prove to be troublesome to backup, partially due to open files and indexes and partially due to rapid data changes. Please read this FAQ article about backing up complex applications like databases. You can also find the information in Chapter 5.3.4 "Database support" of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows User Guide.

If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact Acronis Support Team at your earliest convenience with the details and we will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.