Which Security Suite Would You choose? KIS 6, Avira, Bitdefender I.S. v10 or Nod32 V3

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bs259, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

Which Security Suite Would You choose? KIS 6.0, Avira, Bitdefender I.S. v10 or Nod32 v3.

I obviously want a security suite that is the best, but you can make almost anything look like the best. Presently I have a 2 year license key for KIS 6, a 2 year licence for Nod32 (I think I have about 16 months left not too sure), I am looking into Avira and Bitdefender, I am waiting to hear back from them in regard to trial keys and or beta tests. I know everybody has seen the test results at AV-Comparatives and Avira is the clear winner there, but it doesn't have a firewall. (beta version does), KIS is Right at the top as it always is (well #2 now) and Nod32 is # 3. Yes I know GData's rank but I excluded them because of the strain it puts on the system. Also I am not saying one is better than the other I am just stating the rankings. I do not want a war of KAV is better or nod is better, I understand that nothing is perfect and something will always be able to slip by. Now if you are going to ask why I would switch from nod or KIS here is the answer nod (no firewall antivirus only) KIS ( not sure but my system is acting a little funny and I want to try something new). Price generally isn't an issue if it will keep me from having to waste my time cleaning up a system and as you read I already have spent the money on the 2 licence's (KIS and nod) so if there are people here who have tested all the mentioned products could give me some feedback I would appreciate it.

I am looking for:

1. best detection rates (known and unknown viruses)
    2. speed
    3. integrated security suite
    4. e-mail protection, etc

Last edited: Sep 4, 2006
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Re: Which Security Suite Would You choose? KIS 6, Avira, Bitdefender I.S. v10 or Nod3

as far as suites go, i like KIS. its rule-based firewall is very good and reminds me much of outpost pro. the AV is top notch but the first scan can be slow (sometimes hours :eek: ). its anti-spy isnt bad and it does block banners well. i have prevx1 so ive never bothered with the proactive defense. i also havent used the email scanner because i use web mail.

the new eset security suite hasnt been released, so i cant comment but im keeping an eye on it.

i havent tried teh antivir beta (with firewall) and i havent tried bitdefender's firewall either.

3. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Re: Which Security Suite Would You choose? KIS 6, Avira, Bitdefender I.S. v10 or Nod3

I tested the first 3 but NOD32 3.0 is still unavailable so I can't tell a word about it. Anyway I would definetly go with KIS 6. ;)
    The others are still leaky (talking about firewall).
    Hope NOD32 SS 3.0 will be out soon to test it also. :D

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

KIS. This is a rhetorical answer. I am presently not inclined to use ANY suite. I prefer to roll my own.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

KIS or BitDefender IS in my opinion. NOD32 v3 also seems a very nice product. :)

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I can't recommend NOD version 3 since it's not even out in beta yet. Who knows what features it will have between now and the beta release? The Avira beta I haven’t played with much, so I can’t recommend that one either. As for KIS vs. BD IS10, I would choose KIS over Bitdefender… Why? I think that KIS offers a better firewall. Bitdefender’s firewall seemed awkward to me, especially in the rule creation department. Also, Bitdefender’s firewall didn’t seem to have a good logging feature.

7. Davidpr

Davidpr Registered Member

How about Prevx? Could be a solution to the ISS bloat problem and is cheaper.

8. kdm31091

kdm31091 Registered Member

Avira. The beta firewall is nice but I'm not using it at the moment due to its bugginess. I will when its final though.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

the avira suite is shaping up to be the ulitmate suite.its ment to be relalsed in october. i will try it out and probaly end up buying it. avira is the only av i dont have any problems with. what i mean is there is nothing that annoys me about ti in this case im talking about the payed version

10. bs259

bs259 Registered Member

thank you all for the replies, just to add when i typed my original post i received the welcome to avira beta message. anyhow i removed kis 6 and installed the avira product, i dont know if it was just my machine or id did something wrong but the avira scan is very, very slow and im not sure why but i had task manager running and i noticed music match (mim.exe) uses about 25% of the resources even though it is not running (nod32 did the same thing but scanned much faster). either way neither nod32 2.5 or avira beta were anywhere as fast as kis 6. please keep the messages coming though and hopefully someone with experience with nod32 v3 beta will add some information to this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.