Which scans first/better IMON or EMON?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by reckoner, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reckoner

reckoner Registered Member

I run both Outlook2k3 and Thunderbird 1.02 clients on my machine. Outlook is my primary (POP3 only), and I use TB to collect and store messages from various ListServs.

Before the Beta, EMON was of no use, and IMON scanned all the email for both clients. Now, with EMON compatible, the messages I receive on Outlook are stamped first by IMON and then EMON. TBird only gets the stamp from IMON.

I can configure the stamping differently, to avoid the redundant stamps in the Outlook emails, but cannot help but wonder if there are any potential conflicts in the works here? I understand the inbound/outbound advantages of EMON - as well as the other newer features.

I prefer to see the stamps on incoming emails to know that the scanners are working - and I am reluctant to disable the IMON and leave the TB emails un-scanned; though presumably, AMON would pick up any infiltrations.

Would it serve me better/worse to disable EMON and allow IMON to scan ALL the emails for both clients, and/or are there any pros/cons to having the Outlook mail pass first through IMON, and then EMON?

I'm enjoying the beta, but am a bit confused in this regard- not having had to deal with it in the prior version of NOD32. I hope I've expressed the issue clearly enough - and look forward to what you folks may have to say about this situation.

Thanks-

2. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

IMON scan all incoming e-mail POP3 protocol regardless your mail client. In the other hand, EMON scan incoming and outcoming e-mail in Outlook, not Outlook Express.
    If you use only POP3 protocol without SSL, you can disable EMON. But if you had an account that uses SSL or another protocol like IMAP, then keep EMON enabled.
    In my case, I've 2 accounts in Outlook 2k3: POP3 standar and POP3 with SSL (Gmail). I've both enabled, IMON to check first account and EMON to check both accounts, the first twice.
    Anyway you can keep EMON and IMON enabled and disable the Text Append feature in EMON if you don't want to read that your mail was scanned by IMON and EMON.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.