Which product should I use?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by kailasa108, Jul 28, 2016.

1. kailasa108

kailasa108 Registered Member

I apologize if this is not the correct sub-forum to post this on....

Please, I would like some advice as to which Paragon app to use for what I want to do (as well as any advice on HOW to do it! :))

I had a Toshiba Qosmio running Win7 Home 64-bit and a 2nd gen Intel CPU. It died a heat-related death for a 2nd time, and Toshiba wants an hourly rate to "try" to fix it. (My local Toshiba authorized repair center was unable to get it running again...even after replacing the motherboard!)

So, I bought a new Eluktronics laptop running Win7 Pro 64-bit and a 4th-gen Intel CPU.

The system HDD from the Toshiba is fine. Both OSs are OEM installed.

What I would like to do is to install the Toshiba OS HDD into the new laptop and boot from it.
    My confusion is to whether B&R or Disk Copy is the program to use to do this.
    (I realize I may have to purchase a new activation key to use the Toshiba HDD in the new laptop.)

If I may, I have another question that is related, if anyone here has experience in dealing with a VM.
    Would this whole process be 'easier' if the Toshiba HDD was installed in the new laptop as a virtual drive in a VM?

Thank you very much in advance for your insights on this!

2. KSI

KSI Registered Member

> What I would like to do is to install the Toshiba OS HDD into the new laptop and boot from it.

I would highly recommend not doing that. Attach the old HDD to the new computer via USB and just copy your content.

> Would this whole process be 'easier' if the Toshiba HDD was installed in the new laptop as a virtual drive in a VM?

Some Paragon products offer disk migration from physical to virtual where is the resulting VHD is compatible with VirtualBox. You can then attach the VHD to a VM that might give you access to most of your content. You can even network the VM to the host for file sharing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.