Which package for server 2003 SBE exchange

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Filip9, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Filip9

Filip9 Registered Member

I now have oner server 2003 small business edition with exchange mail server up and running and 5 client pc's. For the moment I'm using mcafee active defense but I'm considering to switch to NOD32. Do you think that's a good idea or is exchange not so well supported by ESET NOD32?
    Wich prodct(s) would I be needing to secure server and clients?
    Thanx for your replies!!

2. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

Re: Wich package for server 2003 SBE exchange

Nod32 works a treat on SBS 2003. You need XMON 2.7 and Nod32 2.7 on the actual Server. I also run the ERA Server and ERA Console on the SBS Server.

All clients have Nod32 V3 but after testing for several months, I'm about to switch all clients to ESS V3. Clients update from the mirror on the SBS 2003 Server managed by ERA Server.

You can use the ERA Console as required to check the status and health of clients and do push installs.

You can't install V3 on an Exchange Server at this stage because XMON isn't supported.

3. Filip9

Filip9 Registered Member

seems rather complicated to me and a not very matture way of securing a server. I guess i'll have to search for a better alternative

4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England

There is a "Small Business Server Bundle"...has the Business Edition of NOD32 (Previously Enterprise Edition)..bundled with the Exchange Component (XMON) at a special price for SBS.

Not complicated at all....very similar to any other brand...you'll have the regular local antivirus install, and the Exchange plugin.

5. mickhardy

mickhardy Registered Member

Sorry for making it sound confusing. That wasn't the intention. You don't have to use the Remote Administrator to manage the clients. Clients can update themselves directly from the Internet if desired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.