Which media player opens which files?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRCATES, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I know that there are "default" settings for media players to play certain media files....and for the less knowledgeable PC users like myself that is a good thing. EXCEPT...when a newly installed product (i.e. - Nero 6) "assumes" default status for some file types during installation.

OK, here's the exact thing I am referring to. I have Limewire, and before installing Nero, if I had a media/video clip downloaded that I wished to view, Windows Media Player would open the file. Now, however, Nero is the default media player!

So how can I change that, and check to see which player opens up? And make the changes that I would like? One nice feature in RealPlayer during installation, is that it "recaps" what player is assigned to what. I would like to find something like that for my current configuration.....

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

open WMP, and go to tools > options > file types. there u can check which file types it will play but unlike quicktime or realplayer or even winzip it will not automatically check its file type associations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.