which is better

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by nomis, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomis

nomis Guest

i have spy bot s&d and in the immunize section i was directed to the site for spywaereblaster (spelling)

i was wondering which you guys think is better

thanx

nomis

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

javacool's Spyware Blaster is MUCH better at immunizing then spybot is, it protects against about 5x as much, also they work together flawlessly

good luck :D

3. nomis

nomis Guest

cheers

4. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    Does this mean to not use the immunizing feature in Spybot S&D and use the feature in SpywareBlaster instead, or use both?

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Use both. While Spybot itself refers you to SpywareBlaster as having more protections in it, Spybot has many of its own. Enable Spybot's Immunize abilities and enable SpywareBlaster's.

6. Saint Satin Stain

Saint Satin Stain Registered Member

Huntsville, AL and Greenwich Village, NYC
    Thank you. That rounds out my defenses: router, eTrust EZ Armor (firewall is ZoneAlarm, and Antivirus), Trojan Remover (at boot), TDS-3, Spybot S&D (realtime and manual), SpywareBlaster, Ad-aware (manual), AnalogX's Script Defender, and Lin's Startupmonitor. My default browser: Firefox. IE is just for update site. I am switching today from OE to Thunderbird. I heard and read that it is more secure. When I get my next pension check I'm sending donations to the folk who made the free programs. They have a made an old man's life easier, maybe safer. I thank you for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.