which is better EWIDO, BOCLean, CounterSpy, SpySweeper

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by aacm, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aacm

aacm Registered Member

I need to buy one of thoses..
    What is your opinion the programs..
    I using now CounterSpy.. however I willing to change..
    anyway I need to renew in next week..
    Thanks
    AACM
    :cautious:

2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

I have all these on my pc, they are all paid programs and there great. Ewido has the most up dates out of all of them.If you read each site about the program you'll learn alot. I use deep freeze and it keep everything out.

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

All of these programs are quality programs.
    For update frequency BoClean is very active also.

I prefer BoClean.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well id split them up. ewido or boclean for trojans and counterspy or spysweeper for ad/spyware.

ewido offers good detection and its realtime monitor isnt bad. boclean doesnt have a trial, so i dont know what its like other than it lacks a full on-demand scanner.

counterspy and spysweeper are good antispyware but their realtime components arent very light. id give em a run and see which runs better on your computer.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I personally would buy and use Ewido . It is light on resourses and is good at detecting malware . I would also use free stand-alone antispyware applications such as Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware se Personal

:D

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

7. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Hard to say which is better nor not. I personal use a-squared freeware (for on demand scanning only) in combination with Jeticov2, which acts also as a HIPS and intercepts com comunication from Trojans etc., plus RegProtect from DiamondCS and a AV. This combination saved my live several times.

8. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Boclean and AV active, Ewido for inactice scanning. Spy Sweeper, whom I was their biggest supporter for a year, is no better than anything else that deletes your cookies. It says it has a rootkit detector, and it may, except it doesnt detect when others do. Yep, PC MAG, Consumer Reports, and Pc World, I will be running out for new subscribtions based on your totally unprofessional and reliable reviews. :thumbd:

Perferct setup
    Antivir Security Suite or NOD32, forget AOLs new buddy.
    Boclean
    Ewido inactive or active, take your pick
    You are set.

9. aacm

aacm Registered Member

Thanks all for you comments..
    Very fill of information .. I would buy Ewido, BOclean.. or may be I go for free Ewido for awile and buy BoClean now, because this program doesn't give you trial . you have to buy first.

10. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

11. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Bought BOClean and i am keeping it.very nice.also have ewido paid but when my year is out with them i think ill keep ewido for on demand scanning.tried counter spy a few years ago.not impressed.had spysweeper for 3 years loved it up till version 5.heard too many bad things about for to long of a time didnt want to screw up my pc so i dumped it for boclean.glad i did.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  12. Suggers

Suggers Guest

I'd second this (it's my setup too), you can use the free Ewido as on-demand. I think BOClean's got better heuristics than ewido, at least Ive noticed it has with Zlobs lately; detecting most new ones as "Zlob... Trojan Variant stopped". But ewido also catches stuff that BOClean misses. But if you use the setup above they'll complement each other.

Suggers

13. btman

btman Registered Member

That's the DUMBEST thing I've EVER heard. Kaspersky rulez.

14. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I'd get either BoClean or Kaspersky which could be AVS which is free and then you could have both BoClean and KAV. I don't think you need both but that would really protect you and forget the others.

15. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

From my experience, BOClean has been consistent with quality in both performance and support. If I were starting fresh looking for an AT or anti-malware program, I'd buy BOClean for on-access protection, then I would download both ewido and a-squared (both free versions) as backup/on-demand anti-malware programs as well as the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware. It may look like overkill, but you'll be very well served by these programs :thumb: .

16. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Actually you answered your question with the question. Ewido for backup and Boclean active are 2 great products.

17. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Afaik BOClean is not a scanner, like Ewido, CounterSpy, etc ...

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I agree, my point is use both.

19. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Sorry to jump so late into this thread.
    What about A-Squared and Lavasoft? They allways seam to be to be forgotten in this kind of threads.

20. trjam

trjam Registered Member

A-squared is also good, Lavasoft has a lot of FPs in their last release. Like I said, Boclean with Ewido. At least for now while Ewido has decent support and is free. If not go with Counter Spy.

21. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I have never felt the need to use anything but BoClean. So I really can not comment of the others. :blink: I just do not know why I would need to switch or try anything else. Must be just me. :doubt:

22. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'd have to say spysweeper is the best for overall security but its too heavy on the resources for my likeing. My pick would be ewido, it has great detection, its light and the support is good as well.

23. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I have licences for both BOClean and Ewido. I am currently running Ewido as I like to run on demand scans of my system, but would say that BOClean is much lighter. I said lighter not necessarily better and support was excellent. I lack the expertise to say which of those two is better. I have no experience with Spysweeper.

24. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Heh
    @Mercurie
    Not just you
    :cool:

Although just for fun ( ? I need to get out more )
    I will give a scanner a run now and then or one of the new ones just to check the FPs

Regards

25. tonyghaz

tonyghaz Registered Member

i used ewido and spysweeper but spysweeper is much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.