which HTTP scaner better ? nod32 or F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6 ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 1+1=3, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1+1=3

1+1=3 Guest

2. SDS909

SDS909 Registered Member

The RTM of most any AV should pick all of this up anyway provided they scan the temp folders for your browser (and I think most AV's do).

So I think it might be a moot point to worry about HTTP scanning.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well one benefit i see of web scanning is that it will scan archives. KAV's rtm for example doesnt do this. for me i like nod32 since it support all programs that downlaod via the specified ports, otoh u could argue that since avast only supports certain programs like browsers (by default) that it wont interfere or stall certain downloads. for example in higher efficiency mode getright doesnt display the correct percentage since its still going through imon, similar things happen with spyware blaster. and lastly for f-secure, i havent tried it as the comp i tested f-secure on cant handle the huge resource hit.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hm,you never heard for avast! ? It also has the HTTP scanner and a very good one.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Both are very good ones. No need to worry :D

6. Arup

Arup Guest

I and many of my friends have been using Avast for a while and find it to be very good, expecially the web and mail scanner as well as the P2P, Network and IM modules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.