which has/is the best ...almost unbreachable HIPS to date..?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by thathagat, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

I do hope not! This thread is very interesting to me :)

@Alex_S; Please let's just keep on topic now. we both have better things to do :)

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

As high as i am over such great service that Malware Defender & Real-Time Defender offers, this particular topic question recalls to my mind that IMHO, the most formidable and strongest & unbreachable HIPS has to be EQSecure 3.41 when equipped with Alcyon's Rules.

Why?

With EQS you can literally fashion it's settings to perform even better then an LUA/SRP because i've tried it and it works! It's as simple as setting selected folders/files to block or blind any external/internal signals from even reaching them to begin with.

In my opinion, EQS is not been taken seriously enough and is grossly underrated for the all the protection that it offers for absolute CONCRETE SECURITY; especially if a user wants to keep their protection to a bare minimum of program safety.

3. thathagat

thathagat Guest

hey easter ! will EQSecure 3.41 work with kis2009? And what is the download link for EQSecure 3.41 with Alcyon's Rules..?Thanks.......

4. Murderlove

Murderlove Registered Member

5. thathagat

thathagat Guest

thanks a ton murderlove........but can it happily co-exist with kis 2009 ?

6. Murderlove

If it can co-exist with KIS 2009 is something I do not know. But if you really want to know, test it. Make sure to make an image/backup/snapshot first before installing :)

7. guest

guest Guest

EQsecure is compatible with x64 bit systems?

8. Brother Esau

Brother Esau Registered Member

The Most Unreachable H.I.P.S to Date is "YOU" ( The Human Mind ) !!!
    Any given H.I.P.S program only asks Question , Ultimately its "You" that decides Yay or Nay so unless you really understand what the question is that the Program asked you are not really secure are you?

9. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Unless their design is flawed, HIPS will allow or block what you tell it to. Assuming the user makes no mistakes when answering its prompts, has configured it well, and has made it part of a well thought out security package, most classic HIPS have the potential to be nearly bulletproof. It's the "if's" that'll get you. Most likely, the HIPS won't fail. The user will.

10. IamGullible

IamGullible Registered Member

Hi
    I use the newest released CIS 3.5 on quite a few Vista based machines, and overall I'm happy with it.

I must say that having tried EQSecure 3.41 on a XP machine, I was very impressed. The depth and breadth of controls provided in that software is quite awe inspiring, to say the least, and with such a frugal use of memory. It could be turned into quite a formidable and impregnable beast by even a rookie like myself :), although it took me more than a few hours of trial'n'errors to fathom the flow, and alert responses etc.

Having ventured in it, I would like to go a bit further. I understand there is a V4B3 floating about. Is there any English lang about to go with it? I have tried to search for it, but so far the info has been very patchy.

11. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

To say "he never said" you should be him, shouldn't you ? Have you asked him personally or just making conclusions browsing some forum ?

In any case it doesn't matter as long as I have personally tested OA and it was really better acoording to testmysecurity tests. Though, it was ~9 monthes ago. And no, I should not be worried with helping and improving the things I regard as completely useless.

12. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

The best thing we can do is to help people to be not disinformed. The only way to stay on current topic I see is to continue to say "it's impossible to answer the topic question" and "beware of the biased ratings, they lead you to biased conclusions".

13. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

Well if you don't want people to be misinformed, Submit your results.

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

After conferring with member Alcyon who by the way has singlehandledly elevated the efficiency of EQS 3.41 with his tireless but concentrated efforts in fashioning the most outstanding of RuleSets which better advanced this Super-HIPS above & beyond the ordinary, we both reached a common concensus (at least for now), that version 3.41 is the most stable & formidable and supports the many mega-rules envisioned then created by him (Alcyon).

I corresponded with Alcyon over which version was most acceptable and the both us toiled at length over the "beta 3" and i for a time even ran "beta 4", but in both of those versions i experienced some serious "lag", in part and most likely due to Alcyon's loaded ;) rulesets; many that they are. LoL

On reverting back to 3.41 after experiencing those stalling issues, again i re-loaded "ALL" his latest and very In-Depth RuleSets into v3.41, and it had absolutely no problems responding to ALL those rules and carrying them out without the slightest delay at all in functionality or performance!

I do have beta 3 & beta 4 where it's driver weighs in at 115Kb compared to 112Kb and if you still wish to give it a try, i'll do some sorting this week and divide up the respective versions w/ english translation.

EASTER

15. Criss

Criss Registered Member

Any here using eqsecure with avira premium? Coz i wan to use it tgt :D .

Can both of them co exist?

16. IamGullible

Hi
    Thanks for your reply.

In light of your observations re v4, I'm going to stick to v3.41, and abandon any adventure on the v4 Beta for the time being :)

I hope in due course this excellent software does turn up in languages, other than Chinese, with all its upgrades.

17. IamGullible

Yes. And also Comodo Internet Security, just the firewall app. All three ie Avira, Comodo, and EQS happily chugging along, without any problems so far. It's early days though, about 5 days since I installed EQSecure, but it's looking very promising.

18. alex_s

alex_s Registered Member

This will not help. I cannot test every product from the list. So my advise is to ignore those results. To say nothing this will be just "another voluntary testing of a single product", which is incorrect. Correct test should be run by the same person on the same system snapshot on the same computer (restored after every test cycle) for all the products.

19. Criss

Criss Registered Member

i think EQS is nt suitable for me. Too many pop out when i open any app.

20. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

depends on the rules:D you apply.here no pop ups at all,ofcourse just block all:D by default:Donly allow the apps you regulary use,the rest is block including spywares and viruses

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  21. thathagat

thathagat Guest

hello.........i tried EQSecure 3.41 with Alcyon's Rules but the pop ups kept coming incessantly. one more thing in Alcyon's Rules are the global rules supposed to be imported or not for the readme file says...- This ruleset is only for EQS v3.41 and Windows XP (English Edition) with SP2 or SP3.
    - ALL rules must be removed before importing those new ones.
    - The option "Automaticaly trust programs digitally signed by Microsoft" should be disabled.
    - This ruleset should only be used as a template.
    - Global rules must not be reordered.

22. Criss

Criss Registered Member

EQS giv me too many pop out already. It is like controling which app that can be use rather than protecting me.

23. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Naturally more coverage rules will spawn instant alerts. This is to be expected and not for everyone of course, because it requires manual fine tuning over a period of time to ratchet security Torque Tight! while at the same time greatly minimizing pop up prompts. EQS firewalls applications excellently but demands user attention on occasion like any HIP should.

One added benefit with EQS is it can serve as the perfect SRP.

24. Murderlove

@EASTER:
    I have been unable to run EQSecure 3.41 with Alcyon's Rules under LUA with SuRun. Under LUA it reverts back to the Chinese language and then I am seeing squares etc. I believe that you ran LUA+SuRun+SRP+KAFU and EQSecure in the past right? Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

25. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

@Murderlove: Well I´m neither EASTER or have used EQS, but maybe I can suggest a solution to your problem. Somewhere in your EQS folder you should have the English language file right? Right click and go to the security tab. There you have to add the name for the user account and/or check that you have reading rights for that user name. Now it should be fixed so you can see the English translation for EQS in your user account.

/C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.