Which h/d to run Acronis True Image from?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by flyboy320, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyboy320

flyboy320 Registered Member

I have two h/d’s on my computer, both with XP installed on them. One is 8gb, and the other is 40gb. I use the small h/d for trying out new programs and such, and keep the large h/d as my primary working drive. What would be the best way to use Acronis to create a backup of the large 40gb h/d? Should I boot into the small h/d, and run Acronis from there, or should I just boot to XP on the large h/d (the one I want to backup), and run Acronis from there? I’m just not sure if you can run Acronis from the same h/d you are making a backup image of.

Thanks......

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello flyboy320,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

You can install Acronis True Image on either of your two drives. Acronis True Image is capable of creating an image of the partition from which it has been run. So it is up to you to decide what is the most convenient way to use Acronis True Image on your machine.

Thank you.

3. flyboy320

flyboy320 Registered Member

Wow....much better than your compitition....... ;)

Thanks..... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.