Which Graphics Card Do You Use?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Firecat, Feb 21, 2005.

?

Which graphics chipset do you use?

1. GeForce1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. GeForce2 MX

6 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. GeForce2 Ti/Pro/GTS/Ultra

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  4. GeForce3/GeForce3 Ti

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. GeForce4 MX

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. GeForce4 Ti

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. GeForce FX 5200/5500/5600/5700 series

12 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. GeForce 6600 series

13 vote(s)
    9.3%
  9. GeForce 6800 series

10 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. Radeon 7xxx

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  11. Radeon 8xxx

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  12. Radeon 9000-9200

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  13. Radeon 9550-9600 series

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  14. Radeon 9700-Radeon 9800 series

23 vote(s)
    16.4%
  15. Radeon X-Series

12 vote(s)
    8.6%
  16. Integrated (onboard) - Intel

10 vote(s)
    7.1%
  17. Integrated (onboard) - SiS

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  18. Integrated (onboard) - VIA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  19. Integrated (onboard) - NVIDIA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Integrated (onboard) - ATI

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  21. XGI - Please mention!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. S3 - Please mention!

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  23. SiS - Please mention!

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  24. Other

8 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

that would be a perfect psu imho...it got 18A on the 12V but enermax is a very good choice, one of the top performers. it has actually some nice features like less dB and good airflow.

@ Firecat, there are some tools for overclocking your graphic card...probably you'll find some at your nvidea homepage I guess...lemme see this noon when I'm at my break at work.

ttyl

Inf.

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

rivatuner should work with your graphic card and you will be able to read your temps if you want to overclock.

:) good luck and show some results if you will FC,

Andy

4. Untouchable J

Untouchable J Registered Member

Intel's crappy integrated Extreme 3d Graphics video card simply because I dont care about playing PC games. I'm a console gamer..... :cool:

-J

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

PS2 or XBox?

6. iwod

iwod Registered Member

intel on board.... I wish they imporve it further and better driver for games.

7. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well integrated graphics are for ppl who dont play games or play games that dont need serious horsepower...n besides getting good onboard graphics would be expensive if not difficult.

8. Rainwalker

9. Rainwalker

10. Firecat

From the product specifications, I'd go for the X600....the 6600 you mention is actually worse than a 5900 in some cases.

11. Rainwalker

Thank you Firecat...........i will keep that in mind and will probably post again as i am still looking....would prefer to find a decent card that will run on 350 watts and not have to upgrade...

12. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

sorry for the delayed post rain i have been so busy of late. i use the thermaltake you mentioned earlier myself. i use it to run a full danger den water setup w/ a vapo chill chamber. also a x800 xt and my p4 3.2 c oc'ed to over 4.1 when gaming cranked to 4.5 on vapo. i see very fluctuations in the power rails of this unit. a nice feature is the automatic fan. as the draw goes up the fan speeds increase . great feature if you dont want to mount the fan control. anyway i agree with firecat on the x600 usually better performance then the other. i have buddy maybe selling a x800 pro pretty cheap as he just upgraded to the xt model i will see if he still has it and if so pm you if you are interested. . defenatly get a good psu though before getting any of these newer cards, ati not so much but the nvidia stuff is brutal on the rails. i deal with electronics every day. use to work for ibm in photolithography dept, went on to test software and write for a few companies. now i own a car audio business ( major change huh ) and i also do electronic repair. i am a master certified mecp installer and have extensive backround.
    trust me one of the best investments you can make is a good psu. remember you can always change it to a different computer later on so dont skimp here.
    most people dont realize the full potential of thier overclock until they get a good psu most will find they can go farther with thier chip than before. also please do go to your bios and set up your video card properly after you get it if you are oc'ing. a lot sepends on the mother board you have if you have questions ask i will do my best for you. these bios setting do much better and are far more stable set manually than just set as most do to auto settings.

also you should be able to run the x600 card on a 350 as long as no serious overclocking on the video card or the cpu you will be fine with it.

one more thing try www.newegg.com for a great deal on a video card sometime they have some killer deals there and the psu usually cheaper there to i buy from them almost exclusivly or www.zipzoomfly.com they are awsome also

13. Rainwalker

Thanks zfactor..............very helpful :cool: .....how do you feel about me running an x700 card if i don't overclock......and is this any better>>>
    ATI All-In-Wonder X600 Pro PCI Express 256MB DDR
    as opposed to this>>>
    Sapphire Radeon X700 Pro PCI Express 256MB DDR3 Video Card

BTW..........zipzoomfly did a number of port scans on me.........need to send them a thank you note for testing my firewall :rolleyes:

14. Firecat

:D:D:eek:

Well I think a Radeon X700 Pro should be able to run just fine :)

15. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    On my main gaming rig,
    9800Pro 256 megger

Not long ago, stayed away from ATI due to driver issues. But since they began the "Catalyst" program, they said they'd do new drivers every month..and so far they've stuck to that promise. Happy with it.

Other rigs in my home have nVidia, although not the latest family, was always happy with them too..had been a die hard nVidia user since the first TNT1 16megger.

16. zfactor

you should be fine with the x700 and the 350watt. you could still oc but lightly dont go nuts or you may burn up the ram on the card, that goes first usually. it usually takes a lot to burn up the gpu , usually low voltage or over volting it like some try to do. just dont go nuts with a cpu oc with the 350 you will find the rails to drop significantly and poss burn up you c pu from the extra heat it will rpoduce with low voltage. even if you boost it up in the bios it could still fall very low especially if there not enough amps on the psu.

i have not ever seen this from zipzoomfly. i have ordered from them numerous times never had a single issue sometimes better deals thean newegg. i just visited the site and no port scans hereo_O i wonder what up with that??
    but i can say they are trustworthy i can vouch for them never had a problem. you will only see very slightly better performance with the x700 over the 600. and sapphire cards are great i use them almost all the time. they actually are oem cards just rebranded as sapphire. they make oem cards for ati.

as stated the ati driver problem has been fixed a long time ago and never seen a problem since tried nvidia went back to ati never looked back. i have tried the newest nvidia cards and i personally prefer the performance of the ati's over nvidia. nvidia does well with certain games ati does well with almost everything!!!!

17. zfactor

what chipset do you have on your 9800 pro?? if its the 360 you know you can flash the card to a xt model witout any problems, good boost in performance and some extra features locked on the pro cards. if you are not sure check it out it will say r350 or r360. the 350 can be done but usually very unstable and the 360 is the same chipset as the xt was. also very easy to do

18. Rainwalker

Thanks guys :cool: :cool: :D

19. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

9800 Pro user here. :D

20. Firecat

I never wanted to own this 5900....I wanted a 5800 Ultra. Its a collectors gfx card because no one purchased it. The infamous "dustbuster".

However, the 5800 Ultra is no slouch. Later drivers improved it so much, in some cases it performs better than the 5900 Ultra!

21. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Registered Member

I actually just bought a Sapphire X850XTPE for my new computer. The fan is pretty loud though. By far the largest noise maker in my system so far. I can't wait to run some games on it! Hopefully I will have time soon to cryptosuite benchmark my new computer as well. I have not seen any benchmarks on that forum yet using the Pentium M Dothan core

22. Firecat

Hmm....I dont suppose your X850XT-PE would have a fan as loud as the dustbuster on the 5800U, would it? hmm...

23. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Registered Member

heh never heard the fan on the 5800U before, but I believe the X850XTPE is louder than my Leadtek 6600GT. The fan noise is probably exaggerated though on my new computer since I only have 2 case fans and a really small CPU fan. I do believe the X850XTPE has a fan control feature though which is nice.

24. Firecat

Here's a quick statement from Tom's Hardware abouth the 5800 Ultra fan noise:

25. Rainwalker

:eek: :eek: ....what about the noise level with the X700 :doubt: ......don't like noise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.