Which Free ZA Version?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Need Protection, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cant tell

Cant tell Guest

Hi guys

I thought we were talking about free versions?!
    What are the important Pro options of ZA 2.6 vs FreeZA 2.6?
    Is Pro free and Plus not free?
    I'm getting lost with those different labels...

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Though i do not know the diffrences between the old Pro and free versions u mentioned, i do know Pro has never been free and neither was Plus but it has been discontinued now so.......

snowbound

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Good for you ...smart move imho. ;)

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Both Pro and Plus are pay for it firewalls. Neither is free. Plus has been discontinued also. In general you just get more configurability and options with those than you do with the free version. I don't have any free versions so I can't give you a list of the differences, but you can always find an old 2.6 Pro and install it for 30 days and try it. I use it because it works with my old Pro key, and I use Plus 4.0 because it works with my current ZA key. :)

5. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

if zone alarm is what u really want, then u might as well start off with the latest free version and see how it works for you. most bugs have been worked out and the problems most people are having now are configuration problems. if it doesn't work for you, downgrade or try another free firewall. i dunno if you ever used za before, but u might as well start at the top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.