Which free CD/DVD burner for... ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Ashanta, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashanta

Ashanta Registered Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a CD/DVD burner 'freeware) which is reliable on burning iso file on DVD, audio files like mp3, ogg, wma, wav and flac, light on ressource and memory.

I'm hesitating between

CDBurnerXP
    BurnAware free
    Free CD DVD Burner from Koyote Software

Any others recommendations will be appreciated, thanks !

2. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I use BurnAware free and nothing else, as it is probably the lightest and most reliable I have used.

+1 for BurnAware free

3. Adric

Adric Registered Member

4. Ashanta

Thanks for your review Radeon

5. Ashanta

Who knows Free CD DVD Burner from Koyote Software ?

6. guest

guest Guest

ImgBurn

is the best out there bar none!!!

7. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

No problem:thumb:

8. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

It worked well the last time I tried it,Koyotesoft make some good utilities.

Personally I use Ashampoo Burning Studio 2012.There are frequent free promotions around,or an older version which is always freeware.
    Just had a look at BurnAware,there's a new version out and it looks very decent.

9. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Ashampoo Burning Studio 2012 free version, requires free (dummy) registration.
    http://codecpack.co/download/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-2012.html

10. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

this :thumb:

probably tried most of them and ImgBurn was the best out there for me

11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

especially for iso use imgburn is the best out there imo. burnaware is okay as mentioned but at times i have had issues with it not correctly burning iso's. imgburn is imo far better for iso's.

12. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

ImgBurn is good, but the interface is confusing at first and it has too many options. I use Nero, have used it for many years, nearly 100% reliability. ISO images can be burned with Windows 7.

13. Ashanta

zfactor and Robin A.,

...iso and for burning audio files like mp3, ogg, wma, wav and flac ??

I'm looking for one which are both requirements iso and audio files (specified before) light on ressources and memory.

Thanks in advance ! :)

14. Ashanta

Andyman and PaulBB,

Ashampoo too heavy for my little laptop, sorry.

You said you tried Koyote free burner, was it for iso and audio files ?

15. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I keep using the Ashampoo free burning software because the UI is clear and easy, and it has sufficient features (thanks for the link to upgrade to the 2012 version). One feature it doesn't have though is CD Text support (so you can have track information display on CD player screens) - I use Imgburn for that.

16. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Agree - :thumb:

17. guest

guest Guest

18. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

19. zfactor

for ALL my audio burning i use cd da extractor it does things like normalization automatically etc.. its the best thing out for audio anything. but not free.

but imgburn can now also burn audio as well as burn audio from iso. and its not at all confusing imo. select burn iso to disk and select the file or folder and then click the bottom button to burn.

its a bit more complicated for mp3 to cd with imgburn but still not at all hard.

if you are burning music the biggest issue i have is with the cdtext. the majority of programs just cant add the proper text for songs. but if you are burning iso's this should not be a issue. a post i made a while back after testing a few is here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1971157&postcount=11

unless you use the micro version of nero you are installing a literal mess on your system the newest nero's would never tough my systems except for maybe the micro version.

i dont like infrarecorder i have had many issues with it personally. i have tried and tested i would say every burner out there, including ashampoo, star burn, free any burn, imgburn, infra, burnaware, ashampoo, cdburnerxp, finalburner, amok, deepburner, cdrtfe, hanso burner (a infrarecorder ripoff), burncdcc, astroburn, tiny burner, koyote, and lots of others. on my own systems i always have imgburn and cdda and sometimes burnaware though i dont use it much i do have a paid pro lic. but always go back to imgburn.

20. Ashanta

Thanks for all details zfactor ! ;)

I think I will go with Imgburn and/or Burnaware.

I'd like to test Koyote free burner also.

21. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Does anyone know if the latest Ashampoo Burning Studio 11 (full version) supports CD TEXT for audio CDs?

22. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thought I'd give this a bump. CD TEXT is a nice feature if you have a CD player with a display (as I do in the car). i mainly appreciate having the song titles. This is the only thing I use Imgburn for, and it's always a little convoluted. So if anyone knows about ABS 11......tia

23. zfactor

no ashampoo 11 does not add the text to the discs this is the one and only reason i stopped using it

24. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I currently use the free 2012 and it does everything I need apart from CD TEXT. I would have upgraded to the full version, but without the text feature there's no point - too bad.

25. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Not very warm and fuzzy over Koyotesoft's KB page about uninstalling the bundled toolbar and changes in browser search engine/home page. If there is no way to prevent this during installation, I'd advise passing on it. http://koyotesoft.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/2/

I use ImgBurn (watch for the offered adware while installing it), Burnaware (also watch for unintended installations) and CDBurnerXP (choose the installer without OpenCandy.) I have them all installed and use them all at varying times...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.