Which Free AV has no nags?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mortal Raptor, Oct 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

I often fix computers for people (a part time job) and obviously I always want to install an AV for them, since now I can no longer install the following, I found that 360 Internet Security is the only decent free solution with no nags, no ads, no facebook likes, etc.

Am I correct in this or is there any other good AV I've missed?

I don't want to compare them, just want to know what are my options if you know what I mean.

So far..

Avira AV = has that unwanted Essentials thingie
    Avast = looks like a cartoony scam app with lots of nags to upgrade
    Avira = Link to upgrade to pro at the bottom which I don't want my client accidentally clicking, facebook like button, etc
    Panda Cloud AV = requires registration, not as easy to install as it was a few months back

I loved how 360 IS just installed so quickly, has good detection rates as I've seen on AV comparatives and is light.

Anything else I might consider to keep in my software library?

2. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

3. guest

guest Guest

Can't we still disable the popups in Avast! AV? I haven't laid my hands on the newest version but I could remember it was possible back there.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.