Which firewall?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Get, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get

Get Registered Member

I want to change my firewall. Am using Outpost 4 now and am thinking about Look 'n' Stop or OP again. Which would you choose and why? Any other suggestions? Keywords : light, doesn't have to be easy, full controll, HIPS certainly not neccesary.

2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Your description is a perfect match for LnS. Its only drawback is the disruptive disappearence of the main developer Frédéric those last weeks. But I am using both of those 2 fw (not together, obviously) and they are all great choices.

3. Get

Get Registered Member

I will try OP first. I'm used to the old version, so maybe i'll be just as content with it. I didn't know about Frederic. Unnerving :( (no reason for not trying it first btw).

4. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I got a quick email reply to a support ticket I submitted yesterday, so I wouldn't let Frederic's recent lack of activity in the forum dissuade you from taking a look at LnS.

5. Get

Get Registered Member

Good to hear:) . I won't be looking at LnS however, because OP7 suits me well. Only thing is the web control doesn't function, because I have Avast! (web shield), but that doesn't matter. I could import my applicationrules from OP4, so that was perfect as is the firewall in whole so it seems.

6. EightOneEight

EightOneEight Registered Member

I'm using this same combination and I have web protection disabled on both. No real need for it because the file shield will catch it anyhow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.