Which firewall works fine with Nod 3.xxx

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by guilijan, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

I'm running NOD32 3.0.563.0 in conjunction with ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.408.000 with absolutely no problems in WinXP Pro.

2. Zarra

Zarra Registered Member

Thanks. I will look into the Comodo v3 RC1. Right now I'm using Window's firewall (and router) but I want something that monitors incoming and outgoing activities.

3. ultragunnerdcl

ultragunnerdcl Registered Member

Online Armor also works great with nod32... Im using it with nod32 version 3.0.xxx

4. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Running Comodo with v3.0.566.0 seems okay - Able to use PC a damn site quicker than Comodo with KAV7.0

5. speed79

speed79 Registered Member

Ashampoo firewall pro tested working fine with nod32 antivirus 3.0

6. lordaeron64

lordaeron64 Registered Member

V3.0.566.0 works fine with look and stop (w xp sp2 home edition)

7. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

Running nicely with:
    - Comodo V3 Firewall Pro (both Internet Monitor and HIPS active)
    - Comodo BOClean 4.25 resident anti-spyware
    - SuperAntiSpyware (non-resident manual scan only)

8. SteveBlanchard

Don't you find BoClean slows things down a little?

Using a-quared free in addtion to the Comodo products listed above.

9. bovine

bovine Registered Member

Im getting the same intermittent, but mostly mittent, that is happening all the time - latest trial nod3, and using latest v7 za pro (no av on that one)

the cookie blocking msg is driving me insane, on both latest ffox 2 / ie7, xp sp2 all up to date.

some1 plz help!!!!

10. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

Bovine, I tried my best to find a solution to "login/cookie" issue but every time I thought I found a solution then the problem re-surfaced. At some point I realized that I couldn't effectively use those web based login sites so I switched back to v2.7 and haven't seen the problem since. Our posts point to this being a potential problem on some systems running NOD v3 along with ZAP/ZASS v7.x. I hope that a fix or work around can be found for this problem.

11. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

I faced similar problems with NOD V3 and ZoneAlarm Pro 7.1.087.000 (without Anti Virus.) After I marked the 'Cookie Control' slider in Zonealarm Pro down to 'Off,' my problems came to an end. I have now installed the Firefox 'CookieSafe' extension and find it much more effective and configurable than the 'Cookie Control' feature of ZoneAlarm. Moreover, it bonds wonderfully with NOD V3.

12. Zarra

Zarra Registered Member

Comodo released the final version 3.0.12.226 firewall today. It works well with Nod32 on both XP and Vista machines.

13. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

As a side issue, I tried adding OnLine Armor (as a HIPS - without firewall) to ESS 3.0. For those who haven't tried it, do yourself a favor & don't venture down this path.

14. alant56

alant56 Registered Member

Hi Guy's

I didn't see any mention of this in the thread so for any of you that are not aware, ESET have now released ESET "Smart Security" which has all of the current NOD32 capability PLUS it's own fully integrated Firewall and Anti-Spam capability. There is an upgrade path (chargeable) for existing NOD32 Anti-Virus users.

15. SteveBlanchard

true there is, but the firewall isn't as strong as some of the others mentioned - plus nothing beats Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0 (oh & comodo is free).

16. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

:thumb: I tried out Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0.12.266 after uninstalling ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.408.000 - found NOD V3 works without any conflicts.

:thumb: Yesterday, I reinstalled the latest release of ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.462.000 after getting fed up with all those pop-ups from the D+ component of Comodo - NOD32 V3 works flawlessly with this edition of ZoneAlarm Pro, too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  17. SteveBlanchard

The D+ popups are getting less as the week goes on.:)

18. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I've now updated to Comodo Firewall V3 and things are still sweet. Using Defense + too.

19. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

I'll second that. Kerio is a very good firewall and has packet inspection, which a lot of firewalls lack. Never a problem with NOD 2.7 or 3.xxx.

20. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

That's good to know (I may just give it another go) - it did combine quite well with NOD V3. :cool:

21. Togg

Togg Registered Member

NOD 3 Antivirus and Comodo V 3 with Defense + activated are co-existing quite happily here on my XP Home computer.

22. Joan Archer

Joan Archer Registered Member

I was having the same problems with sites I use since I upgraded my NOD32 even though the same sites were working in Maxthon, I followed this tip and turned off the cookie control in ZA and haven't had any problems with getting into my forums since.

Now this may not be just a problem with ZA and NOD32 as my husbands machine has the same version of ZA as I do but he uses Avast for his AV and he was having problems with being able to work in some of his forums, he could log in but going to another page logged him out and he was unable to post as that would log him out as well. He has just had to have his machine reinstalled so had other problems to sort out so we thought it may have been something to do with that causing the problem but, I thought I'd try setting the cookie control to off in his ZA and low and behold he can once again get into and use his forums without any more problems :cool:

Sorry for the long post but wanted to give my experience on the problem ;)

23. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

Hi Joan,

Glad that it has helped you and your Hubby. You're right - this problem has nothing to do with the combination of ZoneAlarm and NOD32 - it's ZoneAlarm that's the sole cause. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.