Which firewall works fine with Nod 3.xxx

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by guilijan, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guilijan

guilijan Registered Member

Just to know wich firewalls (version?) work fine with Nod 32 3.0.563.0.

For example Comodo? Jetico? ZOneAlarm? etc etc

2. GoldenTower

GoldenTower Registered Member

Re: Wich firewall works fine with Nod 3.xxx

I believe comodo do, because lots of people claimed that it does.

3. guilijan

guilijan Registered Member

OK may be it's a good idea people post what firewall use with Nod 32 3.0.563.0. without problem or may be not?

4. GoldenTower

GoldenTower Registered Member

I'm guessing there might be some errors. But probably something minor. Nothing major I bet. All I can tell you right now.

5. BlueMick

BlueMick Registered Member

I've used Look n Stop with no problems at all with v2.7 for a couple of years. I did install v3 but reverted back to v2.7 because of various issues discussed elsewhere on the board, (problems loading web pages, and for some reason I couldn't open webpages at all on my wife's user account) and I'm going to leave it a couple of weeks before I try to reinstall. I don't think there was any problem with incompatibility with the firewall, however.

6. Togg

Togg Registered Member

Working fine with Comodo so far!

7. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Registered Member

i have been using and updating to the new versions of nod when they come out and i am using the newest version 3.0.563 right now and i have nod on two computers and comodo firewall on both also and i am having no problems at all i am using 2.4 for the firewall i am very happy with the new nod i like it alot hope that helps you out mrgigabyte :cool:

8. Sir George

Sir George Registered Member

Windows XP SP2 firewall works fine with Nod32, all versions. Yea, I know it doesn't scan outgoing files, but that's a whole other subject for another day.

9. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Comodo version 2 and version 3 rc1 have worked flawless (v 3 now removed due to waiting for final release) for me, and now that Comodo version 3 will have hips it will complete my setup!:D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2007
  10. TheBozz09

TheBozz09 Registered Member

"ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.563.0" + "ZoneAlarm Security Suite v7" + "McAfee Desktop Firewall" + "Symantec Endpoint Security", all active and working fine with me.

Testing LnS and Online Armor now.:-*

11. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

All these programs active at the same time........gonna give you trouble!
    Too much and not needed!

12. TheBozz09

TheBozz09 Registered Member

He's asking for a "compatible" firewall so I tested them all at once. No troubles received so far. BTW, these firewalls are set to their maximum security settings.

13. aptisman

aptisman Registered Member

V560 working fine with Look 'n' Stop here.

14. GWA

GWA Registered Member

Webroot Personal Firewall works fine also. And it is now free. CHUCK

15. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Another Comodo v2.4 here. Working fine.

16. mert90

mert90 Registered Member

And another Comodo v2.4 here. Working flawless and smooth.

17. Eclipse99fwb

Eclipse99fwb Registered Member

Nod32 3.0 and Outpost Firewall Pro 2008 working fine

18. Janner

Janner Registered Member

Did you have to do any specific tweaks to get these two working together?

Comments on both here and the Agnitum forum have suggested that there are some conflicts, particularly if using Vista. These have prevented me from dusting off my Outpost License.

19. veri

veri Registered Member

3.0.563 working fine with Sygate 5.6.3408.

20. Zarra

Zarra Registered Member

Which firewall works good with Vista and Nod32 v3? I looked into Comodo but the current version is not compatible with Vista.

21. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Works fine with Online Armor as well

22. Janner

Janner Registered Member

Comodo v3.0 RC1 is available via their support forum. I believe this and NOD32 v3.0 will work together okay in Vista.

Despite being a Release Candidate, I understand it is quite stable and fairly bug free.

23. clevelandtxus

clevelandtxus Registered Member

Sunbelt Kerio and Nod 3.0.563 are working fine together

24. Pfipps

Pfipps Registered Member

Nod32 3.0 works well with Webroot firewall and PCTools firewall on Vista. Personally, the webroot firewall seems to offer better security since it is a rebranded Privacyware firewall. In my opinion, NOD32 with either of those firewalls is better than ESS because of the HIPS like functionality in both.

25. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I installed NOD v3.0.563 on a Windows XP Home SP2 system running ZAP 7.0.408 and it seemed to run well. There apparently are people also using NOD v3.x successfully with ZASS but on my main desktop with Windows XP Pro SP2 running ZASS 7.0.408 (of course with the AV disabled) I experienced some strange problems with sites requiring a login.

It seemed as though the combination of NOD v3 and ZASS was blocking cookies and even though adjusting the ZASS FW privacy settings for each site I had intermittent problems related to this issue. I was getting messages telling me that my browser was blocking cookies and that I needed to re-login and even after logging in I could not access the next page on that site. I use mobile code blocking in ZASS but even with mobile code and all cookies enabled I still experienced this problem accessing web sites requiring a login with both FF and IE 7. When I disabled ZASS and restarted (using the Windows XP SP2 FW) the problem went away and also after I just un-installed NOD v3 (and used the AV in ZASS) the problem went away.

I had some limited success by trying to tweak the ZASS settings but overall I couldn't find the settings with ZASS and my other software that completely eliminated the problem. On the positive side the browser cookie problem and the random OE *bing* noise issue were the only noticeable issues I had when running both ZASS and NOD v3. The NOD v3 email scanning seemed to work fine as well as the MailFrontier antispam module for OE. For now I have reverted back to NOD v2.7 which works well with ZASS (AV disabled) until a later date when I decide to give v3 another try with ZASS and the other security programs I am running. I would recommend trying the latest ZAP instead of ZASS since another system of mine is using ZAP 7.0.408 that seems to work fine along with NOD v3.x.

This issue could also be the result of a combination of other real time security software I am using which includes ThreatFire, SAS, and Windows Defender. I am also using McAfee QuickClean 6.01 but I don't think it caused the problem. If you do decide to use ZA I recommend you try turning off the ZASS or ZAP anti-spyware module if you run into similar problems even though it didn't solve the browser cookie problem on my system running ZASS.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.