Which firewall do you recommend?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mike6080919395, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Emsisoft Online Armor or CIS ver5.10 they will do the job for you! I used OP Pro with Avira Premium Security Suite(no firewall) + MBAM(on-demand) and SBIE free and was okay too. Tried it with both OA and Comodo also. In the end I rested with Comodo. I agree there that for CIS some tweaking should be added. The link posted by guest is a keeper. SBIE might be a good addition there.

2. WigglyTheGreat

WigglyTheGreat Registered Member

I've used several and two of my favorites are Outpost Pro and Comodo. I have a lifetime license for Outpost, but currently using Comodo on most of my machines anyways as it seems more polished. So Comodo is my number one pick followed closely by Outpost Pro Firewall.

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Online Armor is my favorite. It's very strong. Second favorite is Comodo fw.

4. guest

guest Guest

i really like OAP, i tried many times to run it but after a while he start to impact my system badly where Comodo fly like the wind

5. zip

zip Registered Member

Online Armor Free is my favorite. No problems.

6. paniccom

paniccom Registered Member

Went on some site I've heard mentioned here called matousec.com. They have a big list of firewalls for testing but I didn't see Online Armor.

o_O

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/product-list.php

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

The only reference left of Online Armor on matousec.com (at least all I can find) is here............
    http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php
    Scroll to the bottom.
    A dispute over money I believe it was, the reason why OA was omitted from further testing.

8. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

^^OnlineArmor used to be listed on Matousec and scored excellent.
    It was made by Australian company Tall Emu en later on OA was bought by Austrian security software company Emsisoft.
    OA has been removed by Matousec from it's list when Matousec charged Emsisoft for a contract it had with Tall Emu.
    Just some financial issue why OA isn't listed, nothing to do with it's quality.

edit; like LoneWolf posted faster...

9. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Since you want HIPS, Comodo Firewall with Defense+ is my recommendation. But I really don't recommend running any firewall with "out of the box" settings.

The best (3'rd party) pure firewall I've ever used is LooknStop though. Crazy light. Perfect for people still using XP systems with low (1GB) RAM that don't want/need HIPS. But on Vista/7, if I wanted a pure FW only I'd just use the built-in one... even lighter.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  10. paniccom

paniccom Registered Member

So much for unbiased testing. Well, then again, I guess they could still test OA and skew the results to get even, so better they leave them out.

11. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

Firewall is a tricky question,is depends on which one you get used to the best,

I have tried most of standalone firewalls and i found Outpost firewall to be best among i tried and the offer a lifetime license as well :D

My recommendation to you would be to try Comodo, OAPF and Outpost pro and decide which one suits you the best. These three and hands down the best firewall you can get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.