Which Firewall Can Email Logs

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dmenace, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

I'm looking for a software firewall like Sygate that can email logs to your email when attack occurs / when rule matched.

Anyone knows which firewalls can do this?

2. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

I found what I believe is the only software personal firewall currently developed that can email you logs. (useful if you have a remote pc that you don't connect to often)

It is Fort Knox Firewall 2008.

This seems to be a total revival of the good old Sygate Firewall ~ with all the great firewally features missing from today's boring firewalls. My favourite are:

"Enable OS fingerprinting masquerading - option blocks common attackers methods to
    detect your operating system.

Enable anti-MAC spoofing - option blocks all unexpected ARP traffic which was not
    requested by your system. MAC spoofing is a way to hijack a communication session
    between two computers in order to hack one of the machines.

Enable anti-DNS spoofing - option blocks all unexpected DNS responses to your system to
    prevent DNS attacks.

Enable anti-IP spoofing - option randomize sequence number for each
    communication packet to prevent hijacking of communication session with IP spoofing
    attack. Note: some network cards could be incompatible with option."

I am not advertising this firewall. I am just a big fan of Sygate and when a new pure firewall (without the HIPS / antispyware trash) comes out that can match Sygate on features - it is very very promising and exciting!

p.s. i dont care about leaktests so much as i have a dedicated HIPS for that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.