Which FDISR version best with XP Pro?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by SourMilk, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Hi all. Like most FDISR owners, I have the the 167, 173, and 202 versions of FDISR. I tried Vista and found it wasn't to my liking so I reverted to XP Pro. Now the question arises: do I use the latest PBR based FDISR; use the MBR based MS compression capable VSS version; or use the MBR RSS version.

I plan on using FDISR primarily for software trials and hard drive space is not an issue for me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, SourMilk out

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am currently running the latest and greatest version of 202,VSS with XP pro. I don't think there is a relationship, between whether it is MBR,PBR and VSS,RSS. 202 is PBR, and earlier versions, MBR based. You can run VSS and RSS with either. I would say if the latest version with vss runs with no problem run it.

Pete

3. SourMilk

SourMilk Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Peter. I wasn't sure if the latest that was made for Vista would work as well as the older versions or have compatibility problems. Now I can confidently place 202 on my machine. :D

SourMilk out

4. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Peter, so you went back to VSS after reverting to RSS for quite some time? And the latest 202 works OK on WinXP? Any reason for a XP user who has no plans to upgrade to VISTA (system too old) to upgrade to 202? Any reason to revert to VSS? Thanks.

Acadia

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Acadia

Switched back after installing Shadowprotect on the desktops. Wanted to make sure all was well. It is. Just saw no need to switch back.

Pete

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah the latest version runs sweet on xp home/pro. I've never had any problems with it apart from my own mistake while cleaning the registry :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.