Which download manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Echilis, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echilis

Echilis Registered Member

Hi all, I am looking for a free good download manager. I heard a lot about Internet download manager but it is not free. I also heard about "Free download manager" and "Flashget". Both FDM and Flashget are free. But some persons say that FDM or Flashget is spyware, is that ture? I want to know are they safe to use as download manager?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I use them both together -- both are available on majorgeeks.com and many other reputable download sites so I have a hard time believing they could be spyware... What information do they supposedly spy on and send out?

In terms of effectiveness, they are great when they work, which is most of the time, but for some sites they only download some sort of intermediary link file.

Orbit Downloader is also free and very good, although by default I think it spies on somethings because sometimes it suggests updates for programs I have installed... It's still a very good download manager and maybe you can disable the spy-ad-components from preferences...

4. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

FDM has an optional community feature that checks whether the download is safe or not. In this way, IE w/ SmartScreen filter would be spyware too. :rolleyes:

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.