Which Cloud Are You On ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

It isn't their primary focus, but they are supposed to have filtering against domains containing malware. It is also worth noting they worked with Kaspersky Lab when Conficker was at its peak to ensure the domains were blocked from the outset for OpenDNS users.

2. m0unds

m0unds Guest

yeah, i'm aware of this. i'm familiar with opendns' service, as i've been involved with them in a few different capacities since the service was founded :)

at any rate, i like opendns and i use it myself, but if your goal is to add an additional anti-malware layer to your network, you'd be better served looking at alternatives. opendns' malware blocking just isn't enough of a focus to be used in that manner.

clearcloud is devoted to blocking malware, and based on comments i guess dyn's service is too (although as i said, i've never used it.)

as far as speed comparisons go, though, you can state how fast something is for you but it generally, the numbers can't be replicated by people in different locations due to difference in routing path to servers, etc. for example, google dns is 150% slower for me than my local DNS resolver (fwd lookups powered by opendns) and 80% slower than direct access to opendns.

dns discussion is pretty off-topic for this thread though.

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I try to be cloud free...

"I've looked at clouds from both sides now
    From up and down, and still somehow
    It's cloud illusions I recall
    I really don't know clouds at all" ....Joni Mitchell, "Both Sides, Now"

...TFIC :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.