Which browser is the all around most favored here in Wilders?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by newbie2247, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

I am in search of a good, safe (as much as it possible realistically), stable, great performance, has ALL functions we need and love, is updated regularly and so forth. IOW, fully featured.

I have paid Prevx, so I am limited to just 4 which are: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera.

Most people seem to frown on IE, many like FF because of the 2,000 kajillion add-ons, they love GC because it is supposed to be wicked fast and I don't know the general consensus on Opera - what people here think of it.

For many years I used Firefox because of the add-ons but I am always leery because I've no clue who the publisher is and what's in the add-on. It's like playing Russian Roulette the way they did it in the move Platoon. ( A really huge GAMBLE when you install those things from FF + GC.) I tried Google Chrome and found it still very, very much Beta in my humble opinion but an altogether nice program except what were once free extensions now cost money. When did that happen? I only used IE for downloads because I hate the way both Firefox and GC do downloads. IE is much faster and simpler for me in that regard.

All that said, I can live with my idiosyncrasies (don't we all?) for the best all around browser out of the 4 I am limited to.

I ask because I just bought this brand new desktop PC (see all my info below with my signature) and am setting it up and gradually adding my programs to it, my games, etc. Long way to go and a big project that is. I dread it and hate setting up new `puters. :argh:

Please, one and all, give me all the advice you possibly can as I want to get settled with a browser so I can mark my bookmarks, favorites, feeds, and plug-ins, add-on, extensions - whatever they're called. ;)

The one thing that shocked the living daylights out of me after the big bucks I paid for this baby is that it came with no email program. WTF? Vista came with Windows Mail and all previous ones came with Outlook Express. Even users of Netscape had an email program. What am I supposed to use for an email program? What were they thinking? How could they forget to include an email program? Really, what are people supposed to do? Go to Windows or Microsoft and pay even MORE money for one? I don't even know if Eudora is still in business. Last time I checked it looked like the answer was no.

So, besides the best browser, I need a HUGE (I get mega-tons of email and I save most of it) fully functional - hopefully with all the bells and whistles of a fully featured email program. Ideally, I'd love one with stationary as I enjoy using it. If I have to pay for it, so be it. Don't want to be stuck with Gmail, Thunderbird and heaven forbid, Windows Live because in order to use WL, you have to download the entire Windows Live Essentials - always a catch. And you can never, ever uninstall all traces of it. Humanly impossible unless you are a brilliant egghead techie who knows all the "good stuff", which I do not. :p

Thank you all and again, all your replies are needed and welcome.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.